Mutley vs Ronny 09/04/16

4    Motherwell    32    13    5    14    40    47    -7    44
5    St Johnstone    32    12    7    13    48    48    0    43
6    Dundee        32    9    14    9    47    47    0    41
7    Partick Thistle    32    11    8    13    32    38    -6    41

Top 6 can be guarantee'd with a point against Celtic on Saturday, so there's a lot on the line. Dundee play Hamilton, Saints play Killie and Thistle play county, so can't really expect other results to go our way. Looks like we're going to have to do it the hard way. Celtic could only draw with Dundee, however they have been looking a bit better than when we last played. Certainly achievable given our form, but with Mutley the MOTM curse looms large.

Who will get booked first (after 3 previous bookable challenges), Lasley or Brown?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oddly confident that we'll take something here and that's a bad sign. By all accounts, Celtic weren't up to much last night and we've made life difficult for them plenty of times over the years at Fir Park and are on our best run of results for a couple of years - what could go wrong?  :ph34r:

3-0 Sellic and a difficult afternoon watching the results come in.....

The fact that Celtic failed to win last night only makes this one all the harder for us as they will be desperate to bounce back on Saturday and we will get the backlash and then some.

In McGhee's first spell we got a drubbing off Celtic at Fir Park in both seasons and this will be this season's equivalent of that.

That we're going into this match on the back of a good run and some of our fans are actually expecting us to win this never, ever bodes well in these types of matches and of course, our manager has just been given a manager of the month award and we all know what happened the last time he got one of those.

6-0 to Celtic with McGhee telling us afterwards that we played well and the result doesn't really matter and Celtic were sensational etc. etc.

I'm also half expecting Craig Samson to get his unexpected debut in goals as well.

The fact that Celtic failed to win last night only makes this one all the harder for us as they will be desperate to bounce back on Saturday and we will get the backlash and then some.

In McGhee's first spell we got a drubbing off Celtic at Fir Park in both seasons and this will be this season's equivalent of that.

That we're going into this match on the back of a good run and some of our fans are actually expecting us to win this never, ever bodes well in these types of matches and of course, our manager has just been given a manager of the month award and we all know what happened the last time he got one of those.

6-0 to Celtic with McGhee telling us afterwards that we played well and the result doesn't really matter and Celtic were sensational etc. etc.

I'm also half expecting Craig Samson to get his unexpected debut in goals as well.

I see me going for the 3-0 defeat wrong-footed you and forced you to up the ante :)

Craig Samson has no chance of playing its a safe bet Ripley will play, The other problem we face on Saturday isnt Celtic but indeed the referee for this one which is none other than Willie Collum!

Samson was a thinly veiled dig at McGhee and a reference to the time where he dropped Buzz for Luke Daniels for a game against Celtic.

No doubt that loveable scamp MJC is probably trying to insinuate that McGhee will lay down to his beloved Celtic on Saturday.

Awfully pessimistic chaps, considering Well's current run of 5 wins on the trot.

Be nice if you could make it a nice round 6.

We will see what we can do, however, you need to keep up your side of the bargain by also grabbing all three points. A Well/Dons double sounds nice. :)

Our bogey team and a ground we have historicaly had trouble at, we're not playing well, players and fans are very edgy and the home team are in great form.

Does not bode well

Hence why it will be a comfortable win for Celtic...

Naturally the above is reverse psychology a t work, but in truth any time I have gone into a game v Celtic or old Rangers expecting us to deliver - we invariably come a cropper.

I think it helps that we could do with something from the game and that Deila is in charge.  But Celtic still have better players and if they perform they will win.  Question is - will they perform.

As for us being in great from....mmmm...we were lucky at Inverness and actually played poorly.  We need to perform and close Celtic down and then maybe we can take something from the game.

Looking forward to it...

I would love for us to hammer these unwashed social degenerates but unfortunately I can't see it.

However I don't think we will be completely embarrassed here as this sellick side are rotten and we should be able to hold our own.

2-1 away win.

Archived