London

QPStu

20 hours ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

That sounds promising. Will have a look at that. Thanks.

Would highly recommend this. 

Grab yourself a salt beef bagel on Brick Lane too - very nice and cheap. 

Edited by Girth

Brick Lane is on my to do list too. Any recommendation for best curry house there?

The only one I've been to on Brick Lane was called Cinnamon and it was fantastic. Our hosts that weekend had booked a table in advance as it apparently it can get really busy.

8 hours ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Brick Lane is on my to do list too. Any recommendation for best curry house there?

In the olden days you'd just go into a place with linoleum tables and the menu was chicken or lamb. Cost fuckall and was superb. I'd imagine it's changed a bit.

On 20/07/2017 at 07:54, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Thanks. As long as they have stairs then that should be fine.

If you use the circle/district/metropolitan lines, all of the stations have stairs instead of escalators. It is sometimes tricky to find the stairs at some of the deep level stations, so I'd look out for disabled symbols like other have said.

If you use the circle/district/metropolitan lines, all of the stations have stairs instead of escalators. It is sometimes tricky to find the stairs at some of the deep level stations, so I'd look out for disabled symbols like other have said.

Cheers. We'll just be travelling in zones 1 and 2 I'd imagine so should be fine.

On 22/07/2017 at 14:36, underdogunderdog underdog said:

I'll eat most food. Enjoy eating tapas style. Open to suggestions.

Try the Poutine with ribman ribmeat with holy f**k sauce from the poutinery at brick lane market on a Sunday. It's probably the main reason I'm going back down next month :lol:

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Try the Poutine with ribman ribmeat with holy f**k sauce from the poutinery at brick lane market on a Sunday. It's probably the main reason I'm going back down next month :lol:

Unless West Ham are at home, in which case he will have his stall outside the ground. Sound bloke Marc. 

Just now, LondonHMFC said:

Unless West Ham are at home, in which case he will have his stall outside the ground. Sound bloke Marc. 

He is that, west ham daft. First time I met him I didn't even realise about the leg, then he walked away :lol: some boy. The poutinery still do the ribman poutine when west ham are playing, but as you say Marc will not be there selling the rolls.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

He is that, west ham daft. First time I met him I didn't even realise about the leg, then he walked away :lol: some boy. The poutinery still do the ribman poutine when west ham are playing, but as you say Marc will not be there selling the rolls.

For a time used to stand in front of him at the Boleyn, often seen taking his leg off shaking it about. Done bloody well for himself though. Started out the back of a pub near the ground. As far as I am aware, he is the only 'street seller' who managed to move across to Stratford.

1 minute ago, LondonHMFC said:

For a time used to stand in front of him at the Boleyn, often seen taking his leg off shaking it about. Done bloody well for himself though. Started out the back of a pub near the ground. As far as I am aware, he is the only 'street seller' who managed to move across to Stratford.

Just goes to show if you have a good product, which it is, you can make serious cash in London. Simple ribmeat rolls with bbq and hot sauce, done perfectly.

I must add his sauces are excellent too. I stick to holy f**k as its tasty and not too hot.  Some of the other ones though, sweat inducing.

Ill back up that Spitalfields market is great for scran. From there can walk to Brick Lane. Whole area round there is great for a bevvy and a salt beef beigal is a grand drunken munch.

Off to London this weekend with my wee boy (almost 4yo). We're staying in Greenwich and planning to spend a bit of time there - Cutty Sark and Maritime Museum planned. (Please god let there be a pirate for his sake!)

Does anybody have any experience of this part of London with young kids? A big playpark would be a bonus!

Apologies in advance if you're flying Edi to London about 8 on Friday morning. He's wired about flying and we've got days of excitement to be built!

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Off to London this weekend with my wee boy (almost 4yo). We're staying in Greenwich and planning to spend a bit of time there - Cutty Sark and Maritime Museum planned. (Please god let there be a pirate for his sake!)

Does anybody have any experience of this part of London with young kids? A big playpark would be a bonus!

Apologies in advance if you're flying Edi to London about 8 on Friday morning. He's wired about flying and we've got days of excitement to be built!

You could take the foot tunnel to the Isle of Dogs and tell him to keep a good eye out for monsters.

2 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Lovely place to be staying mate, can easily waste a day in Greenwich. The park is well worth exploring, it is massive, plenty of shops nearby that will sell footballs etc so could have a kick about. Obviously have the Greenwich Observatory, which might well be too much for a young child, but the building itself should capture their imagination. If not there is always an ice cream van across from it. 

Greenwich Market is excellent, some lovely food. Can fully recommend Ruby's Of London, usually Ruby running it, comes across as a French twat, but those cakes are worth her insufferable shite. 

Trying to think of a play park, but nothing comes to mind, could well be something in Greenwich Park though.

From the market you can always hop on the DLR and go up to the likes of Heron Quays, walk to Canary Wharf and get a tube to London Bridge etc. 

Lovely place to be staying mate, can easily waste a day in Greenwich. The park is well worth exploring, it is massive, plenty of shops nearby that will sell footballs etc so could have a kick about. Obviously have the Greenwich Observatory, which might well be too much for a young child, but the building itself should capture their imagination. If not there is always an ice cream van across from it. 
Greenwich Market is excellent, some lovely food. Can fully recommend Ruby's Of London, usually Ruby running it, comes across as a French twat, but those cakes are worth her insufferable shite. 
Trying to think of a play park, but nothing comes to mind, could well be something in Greenwich Park though.
From the market you can always hop on the DLR and go up to the likes of Heron Quays, walk to Canary Wharf and get a tube to London Bridge etc. 

Great, thanks for the tips!