Scotland: Fixing things the UK Government won't

QPSAFalkirkFirm

Always found Edinburgh airport's transport really convenient when I've had to use it. In contrast, I flew back to Glasgow a fortnight or so ago and the bus between the airport and Central Station cost £7.50 one-way. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always found Edinburgh airport's transport really convenient when I've had to use it. In contrast, I flew back to Glasgow a fortnight or so ago and the bus between the airport and Central Station cost £7.50 one-way.  

£9.50 return compared to £8.50 for the Edinburgh tram, and a lot quicker.

I forgot all about the tram - I was thinking about the airport bus which if I remember was very good. Don't really use Edinburgh any more considering there's a decent service now between Glasgow and Prague. 

Edinburgh is fine if you're in Edinburgh. But being from Livingston there is no direct public transport that gets you to the terminal.

In Edinburgh you have the AirLink Bus, The Tram and at least 2 other Lothian Buses (£1.60 a pop).

It is hardly a hardship to get from Livi to Edinburgh on the bus or the train.

It is hardly a hardship to get from Livi to Edinburgh on the bus or the train.

It bloody is if you'be got a wife, and 2 kids plus luggage for a fortnight somewhere. Anyway you'd be mental to go into Edinburgh to come out again. Cheaper and quicker getting a Taxi ;)

It bloody is if you'be got a wife, and 2 kids plus luggage for a fortnight somewhere. Anyway you'd be mental to go into Edinburgh to come out again. Cheaper and quicker getting a Taxi ;)

Drive and park long term... or get the bus from livi to Edinburgh airport

Surely you thought of this?

Drive and park long term... or get the bus from livi to Edinburgh airport

Surely you thought of this?

Gotta agree with Antiochas.

My in-laws stay in Blackburn (West Lothian). The bus doesn't arrive early enough for an early flight, and long-term parking is more expensive than taking a taxi to the airport from their house.

Gotta agree with Antiochas.

My in-laws stay in Blackburn (West Lothian). The bus doesn't arrive early enough for an early flight, and long-term parking is more expensive than taking a taxi to the airport from their house.

Can you not get parking for 3 pound a day and shuttle bus in some surrounding areas?

Also there is an excellent bus service from livi to Edinburgh airport

There are deals all the time on parking.

I was in scotpark(or something similar) last year. it was £30 for the two weeks. you dropped off your car and the shuttled you to the terminal and picked you up again afterwards.

I even got my car valeted but that was because they put the sticker on the wrong car.

Can you not get parking for 3 pound a day and shuttle bus in some surrounding areas?

What excellent bus service?

Never thought I'd see anyone say Excellent and bus service when mentioning Livingston.

"By car it takes me an extra 45 minutes to an hour more compared to Glasgow or Edinburgh."

a) 45 minutes.

b) An hour.

c) Neither.

Which answer pertains to Glasgow?

Still waiting.

Yep. Premiair is £3.40 for a day.

There's Low Cost Parking slightly further out at Ratho Station that's cheaper still. Both with 24 hour shuttle services to the terminal.

Edinburgh airport is brilliant. Given the choice I'd always fly from there.

I'd pull up a chair and grab a book if I were you.

He wasn't upset enough to refrain from posting abuse in an AdLib/H_B/Reynard kind of way when found to be posting crap so it'll be no surprise if he follows their other great trait of ignoring posts pointing out crapness of said posts, he/she's doing a 55er.

Yep. Premiair is £3.40 for a day.

There's Low Cost Parking slightly further out at Ratho Station that's cheaper still. Both with 24 hour shuttle services to the terminal.

Edinburgh airport is brilliant. Given the choice I'd always fly from there.

Exactly, plus there is a regular bus service from livi to the airport

Archived