Forfar v airdrie

Hopefully got enough bodies to give the Diamonds a bit of a game!

A win would be a fantastic result at this point of the run in but I fear we may drop points in this game - down to who is unavailable. As mentioned above, Ryan and TOB have been key players over the last few weeks and Scott Martin has been decent covering right back. But...if Craig is back to approaching full fitness, ditto for Spark & Dunlop and we maybe throw Hay on up front...you never know.

Crowd - around the 600 mark

50/50 - £220 and to be won by someone in hospitality...again.

certainly wont be Hay up front following his sending off last night. good talent, crap discipline. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

certainly wont be Hay up front following his sending off last night. good talent, crap discipline.

Hard to argue with that. 3 red cards in the one season for the U20s. As per TOB it may be more than a one match ban.

Losing Gary Bollan was a disaster for Airdrie we've brought in two managers since then and it's been a shambles after watching Forfar dominate us at Gloomfield which I believe was down to Bollans organisation of his team.

Who's this crackpot?

Bollan is to blame for putting together such a poor squad. However I feel he is/was the best manager out the 3 we've had this season at getting the best out of that squad. If we'd had Lister for the first half of the season I think we'd have started the season better and therefore seen a more noticeable drop in results when he left, Bollan knew how to get the best out of him, EWB and Lennon haven't shown any signs that they do. I think it would have been better for the club in terms of results if Bollan had stayed until the end of the season instead of having a manager clearly doesn't want most of the players who we have and doesn't really know how to get the best out of them.

Easy to say that now, and when the opportunity arose for him to leave I guess all parties felt it suited them.

Bollan is to blame for putting together such a poor squad. However I feel he is/was the best manager out the 3 we've had this season at getting the best out of that squad. If we'd had Lister for the first half of the season I think we'd have started the season better and therefore seen a more noticeable drop in results when he left, Bollan knew how to get the best out of him, EWB and Lennon haven't shown any signs that they do. I think it would have been better for the club in terms of results if Bollan had stayed until the end of the season instead of having a manager clearly doesn't want most of the players who we have and doesn't really know how to get the best out of them.

Easy to say that now, and when the opportunity arose for him to leave I guess all parties felt it suited them.

I agree that Bollan has to bear the brunt of the responsibility for putting together such a poor squad, but I don't know that I agree that he'd have been the only one capable of getting the best out of them.

Results have been poor under Lennon, but let's not forget that Black had the best quarter of the season before his illness.

Black was also responsible for bringing Lister back into the squad midway through the game with the Rovers at Cliftonhill - a tactical change which won us the match.

In the 8 game period following that, before his stroke, we won 3, drew 2 and lost 3. It's not exactly great form, but would Bollan have done better? I doubt it.

I still think what happened to EWB has had a huge effect on our season and I really don't think we'd be where we are if he was still in the dugout.

All the best to GB at Forfar, I have nothing against him at all, but the time was right for him to go.

What's the extra ban for then? Curiosity got the better of me so I checked and he was only ever sent off once for us as well so I was well off the mark.

Forfar website says it's his 2nd red card of the campaign.  Can't recall the other one though.

What's the extra ban for then? Curiosity got the better of me so I checked and he was only ever sent off once for us as well so I was well off the mark.

Tom was sent off three times for us.  Once against Dumbarton at Central Park (3-1 loss just after Xmas) which was rescinded and another in a 3-0 loss against Partick. He picked up two yellows in our opening day loss to Morton back in 2013 as well.

Archived