Weekend Betting 15th - 17th April 16

Fitba Tips

New article posted

http://www.pieandbovril.com/betting/144-scottish-football-tips-best-bets-16th-april-2016

It's definitely time to look at the long shots this weekend. Brechin and Queens Park for me with Stranraer still to be considered and Sunday's cup semi final between they two yet to be looked at although it's my guess there will be little of value to be considered for that one.

What ye got folks?

Slim pickings in Scotland it seems.

What are people's thoughts on the cup semifinals?

Might look at the red card market and penalty awarded too?

+2.5 goals in 1st semi final is out to 2.05 now. That;s good enough for me, I was tempted at 1.95. Going to leave it until the mornign though and hope for another wee boost in price.

ETA: Took 2,05 (21/20). Goals, goals, goals please, ta Mucho

Putting a fiver on Greig Spence to score for Cowden v Albion tomorrow. Returns just over £11.  Has scored in every game v Albion so far this season and I'm banking on him completing the set.

Fancy a high scoring game in the Old Firm seen as both defence are shit.

For all you Allsvenskan enthusiasts out there, there is a full card starting tonight and ending Tuesday.

Friday 15thOstersunds FK vs BK Hacken

Ostersunds are the newly promoted side and have picked up 4 points from their opening 3 matches, one more than BK. BK have had the harder opening matches though playing last years winner's Norrkoping and runners-up Goteborg. 

Prediction: 3-1 to BK Hacken

Saturday 16th - Helsingborg vs Falkenbergs 

Both teams have been dreadful so far, with both conceding 9 goals in their first 3 matches. Hard to pick a winner so I'll sit on the fence. 

Prediction: 1-1 

Sunday 17th - Jonkopings Sopra vs Gefle IF

Both teams have had fairly decent starts for their standards with Jonkopings just edging it with 2 wins and 1 loss. All of Gefle's games have seen BTTS with only one of Jonkopings failing to do so. 

Prediction: 2-1 Jonkopings

Norrkoping vs AIK

This game looks like the one that could see plenty of goals if recent form and h2h are anything to go by. AIK unbeaten so far with 2 draws and a win but I think that will change come saturday against the champions. 

Prediction: 3-1 Norrkoping

IFK Goteborg vs Kalmar FF

Goteborg have started the season well with 2 wins and 1 loss whereas Kalmar have 1 loss and 2 defeats. Goteborg are pretty good at home and I reckon they will win comfortably.

Prediction: 3-0 Goteborg

Monday 18th - GIF Sundsvall vs Orebro SK

This could be quite a close affair with both teams able to score a few but cant seem to keep a clean sheet. Dont think I could pick a winner between them. 

Prediction : 1-1

IF Elfsborg vs Malmo FF

Over 2.5 goals has happened in all of their games so far with both teams only picking up 1 win. Has the makings to be goals galore.

Prediction: 3-2 Elfsborg

Tuesday 19th - Djurgarden vs Hammarby 

Djurgarden are the surprise leaders so far scoring 9 goals and only conceding the 1. Hammarby have found the net 7 times but conceded 6 goals. They did meet in the cup a month ago though and Hammarby won away 3-1. Their also unbeaten in the last 4 matches at Djurgarden so I'm swaying towards them. 

Prediction: 2-1 Hammarby 

Way too much time on my hands.

Treble against teams that are almost certain to be relegated in the next few weeks:

Doncaster v Wigan (3/4)

Doncaster have been in shocking form recently, picking up 1 point in 9 games whereas Wigan seem to be romping their way to the League 1 title. Should be an away win. 

Hartlepool (11/10) v York

Hartlepool's form has picked up a bit recently and they find themselves mid-table. York look certain to be relegated and it's only a matter of time for them. 

Preston (17/20) v MK Dons

MK Dons have lost their last 4 including a 4-0 drubbing at home to Rotherham last week. Preston are generally quite decent at home so I'd fancy them to pick up the win. 

Swansea, Barnsley, Bristol Rovers, Raith - £5 for £121

Norwich, Dundee United, Mansfield, Sheff Utd, Raith - £1.50 for £117

BTTS Brentford v Bristol City, Sheff Wed v Ipswich, Burton v Barnsley, Doncaster v Wigan, Pompey v Plymout - £2 for £38

First coupon is my main coupon that I done in the shop, the other 2 were done half asleep online last night, didn't realise I had picked Raith twice and then didn't realise I had picked 2 BTTS games that were in my win coupons.  Should really just leave it untill i'm at work on a Saturday.

Swansea, Barnsley, Bristol Rovers, Raith - £5 for £121

Norwich, Dundee United, Mansfield, Sheff Utd, Raith - £1.50 for £117

BTTS Brentford v Bristol City, Sheff Wed v Ipswich, Burton v Barnsley, Doncaster v Wigan, Pompey v Plymout - £2 for £38

First coupon is my main coupon that I done in the shop, the other 2 were done half asleep online last night, didn't realise I had picked Raith twice and then didn't realise I had picked 2 BTTS games that were in my win coupons. Should really just leave it untill i'm at work on a Saturday.

Raith on both your coupons? :lol: we'll more than likely rest players now with the play-offs secured.

Raith on both your coupons? :lol: we'll more than likely rest players now with the play-offs secured.

Aye I know, done one in the shop and one online and didn't realise until this morning :lol:  if I go into the game waiting on Raith i'll probably cash in, however you never know!

My whole premise for today's game has been waiting for the rangers fans "f**k it declared" moment on  seeing Rangers at 4/1+

Its starting. Celtic are drifting and are beyond 8/11 now. I want 4/5, I think that represents value. Anything below that is pretty thin imo. 

4/5 will probably be snapped up mind, if it arrives at all.

Well my predictions were decent when it came to BTTS. Surprised the elfsborg game was only 1-0, that was the one that let me down. Also a surprise to see Goteborg draw when they played the entire 2nd half against 10men. 6 out of 8 were BTTS so you guys should look out for this league this weekend.

Archived