2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

Cracking final. Hibs didn't crumble when they went 2-1 down and rangers didn't create anything after that. Deserved win in the end.

Then followed one of the most predictable pitch invasions of all time. I didn't have a problem with it and still don't have a problem with any of the hibs fans that stayed in there own half. Seen plenty pitch invasions like that before so no problem.

The dickheads looking for a scrap were met with similar dickheads from the Rangers end so poor show all round there.

The hibs bellends that went after the rangers players should never be allowed to the football again

Good summary....

If you can't stay in the designated areas of the ground that's allocated to you, you shouldn't be allowed to go to a match. These are rules and regulations set out - purely to stop an event like today happening.

Once those were broken, it becomes a free for all.

Aw shut up Dullboy.

And the point goes sailing right over your head. A diddy team ending a 114 year hoodoo just scored an injury time winner after a season of heartache. This doesn't compare to anything Rangers have done in terms of explosions of joy and relief.

Oh i get your point all right, what i don't get is the hypocrisy and double standards from the like of yourself when a pitch invasion is from fans of a team other than either Rangers or Celtic fans.  I see though that you're very quiet over the fact that Rangers players were assaulted by those very same joyous Hibs fans.  

They're are plenty of valid reasons for why people have very little sympathy or tolerance for the "certain element" of Rangers fans.

I'll make the point again; pitch invasions happen all the time. Very seldom do they resort to any sort of physical violence. Apart from today. The difference being the opposition fans complete inability to take the goading on the chin and go home like normal balanced adults. Had they not entered the pitch there would have been no violence.

Yes, there were toys all over the place because of the sense of entitlement and arrogance among some of the Rangers support but if you think every single Rangers fan is the same then you are being rather prejudiced.

Jason Holt looks to have been decked in the centre circle. Is that just cuddly bantz from a non-Old Firm team's fans? No, it's not.

Therefore, the Rangers players and the club itself have a right to be aggrieved and make a complaint and to just sweep that away in a wave of irrational hatred of one of 'the big two' is rather fanciful.

Or alternatively we can just go back to the fail-safe phrase that sums up football fans: 'they started it.'

They're are plenty of valid reasons for why people have very little sympathy or tolerance for the "certain element" of Rangers fans.

I'll make the point again; pitch invasions happen all the time. Very seldom do they resort to any sort of physical violence. Apart from today. The difference being the opposition fans complete inability to take the goading on the chin and go home like normal balanced adults. Had they not entered the pitch there would have been no violence.

Sorry Jordo but that's complete bollocks.

Some Rangers fans went onto the park. They were reacting to a large number of Hibs fans who had gone onto the park and tried to get to the Rangers fans end to cause trouble. Then theres the Hibs fans who assaulted Rangers players and staff.

The sight of mounted police and a line of officers the width of Hampden is shameful and theres only 1 set of fans to blame for it. Theres no defence for the Rangers fans who reacted and entered the pitch to confront the Hibs fans but compared to the actions of those Hibs fans? Its a minor issue.

Are you or were you a steward? Definitely sound like a man of the law.

Nope.

I'm just not a fucking embarrassment of a human who has to go onto the pitch as some sort of 'celebration'.

It's a game of football. Go back to the pub and get pished. Going onto the pitch achieves nothing but fines for your club and potential for situations like today.

Even from a Jambo point of view, I can see why Hibs fans would run onto the pitch after years of misery.

To spoil it by assaulting players would show why they probably shouldn't have.

A real shame that this will detract from their win today. 

cracking game o fitba, hibs deserved it as i thought they created more chances, superstars like mckay and cummings were rank. hibs fans obviously delighted but going over to the rangers end was a bit daft and the over the hill rule britania mob going on to confront them is just as sad, but they never surrender. the press will love it and being from the west coast you just know the record will be spunking their pants when the capture a princess di eyes photo o andy halliday saying he could have died at the hands of those east coast savages. at the end o the day hibs will get a 100k fine and a closed doors scottish cup match, rangers a 20k fine and a final final warning for their songs. next year hibs will hibs it and go out to alloa in the 4th round.