2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

Hibs ruining their own big day! :lol:

Stubbs pretending he's not absolutely loving the bedlam! :lol:

Cummings staying out there in the thick of it amongst the disgraceful Hibs fans! :lol:

Utter morons! :lol:

Why all the smilies, when you're clearly not very happy at all? :)

[/url]

Rangers end footage.

I missed the match today but tuned in just in time to see the Hibs fans invade the pitch, I thought at the time it was out of order but seeing the wee fannies goad the away end is cringy as f'ck and turns the stomach.

The 'Rangers' fans though just canny help piling on though !!

A few years ago the Kilmarnock support entered the pitch and goaded the Falkirk support who, far from seeing a final defeat, had actually just seen their team relegated.

Number of Falkirk fans on the pitch − zip, zero, nada, nane !!

Yes, last week when Ayr invaded the pitch, a minority of Ayr fans headed straight for the opposition fans. No ugly scenes at all because the opposition fans weren't ehh.... Rangers fans.

Happy to help :)

I actually watched this on Alba and you could see an Ayr fan head straight to the Stranraer fans and he shook a few of their hands in commiseration. Different fans react differently, we done the same thing years ago at Kilbowie when we won the league there. Loads of Bairns fans on the pitch and the Bankies fans stayed behind to applaud without a hint of bother. Some can take defeats better than others.

Do the Rangers really have to release a statement applauding their supporters for not assaulting people? Crikey. 

When social media shows otherwise. Saw one video on Youtube taken from the Rangers end where they are trying to take the moral high ground by showing Hibs fans having a go at rangers fans (and to be honest the quality of the video wasn't great, so it's hard to tell who is having a go at who).

Unfortunately they forgot to mute the sound...

I missed the match today but tuned in just in time to see the Hibs fans invade the pitch, I thought at the time it was out of order but seeing the wee fannies goad the away end is cringy as f'ck and turns the stomach.

The 'Rangers' fans though just canny help piling on though !!

A few years ago the Kilmarnock support entered the pitch and goaded the Falkirk support who, far from seeing a final defeat, had actually just seen their team relegated.

Number of Falkirk fans on the pitch − zip, zero, nada, nane !!

Not even the Ayr fans in with you bit to it

I think there are a few undisputed facts in this whole situation:

- Hibs fans shouldn't have ran on the pitch. It's an utterly minor infraction though and you can't really blame them for it. 

- The running to the Rangers end in a highly goading manner in such a volatile atmosphere is always going to end up in trouble. It's not right that Rangers fans retaliated but it was literally retaliation going by the video showing the fans attacking the Rangers players/staff. Equally, no Rangers fans should've entered the pitch.

- Every single fan involved in violence should be hit to the full extend of the law.

- Rangers' bigoted singing was, as usual, an embarrassment.

- Hibs deserved to win the game.

And, in my opinion so I guess not a fact, the people who are deriding the Rangers fans whilst turning a blind eye to the Hibs fans' actions aren't looking at the situation objectively. 

Once again a showcase game of Scottish football - often involving Rangers, I'll admit - makes the headlines for all the wrong reasons and the football on display, a couple of decent finishes aside, was largely primitive; much like the behaviour of several thousand of our people. I'm as big a critic of the Rangers support as anyone but if you were to put the 'aggressor' label on either set of fans then there's only one winner. 

Just hope that's the end of the violence really. Wouldn't not be shocked tomorrow to wake up to headlines of stabbings and riots throughout Glasgow, such is the stupidity of an abhorrent section of the Scottish football - and yes, Rangers' - support. 

shame the day was ruined by idiots

seen that footage of one of the rangers players being flattened now know that was jason holt and also two others needed medical treatment lee wallace was one

shame

Except there are photos of Lee Wallace leaving the pitch looking remarkably healthy.

I was in a worse state when I fell off a scooter.

There's been at least 3 different Rangers players decked so far too.

Chinese whispers in full effect.

Attacking the players is bang out of order but so is embellishing the truth or out right lying.