2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

1 minute ago, forever_blue said:

I have no idea , what does that have to do with anything ? Judging by pizza reference probably after 2009 

If you're using them to prove *current* examples of bigotry, then everything. It's like claiming that the Germans are a shower of b*****ds and posting photos of the London Blitz as proof.

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

If you're using them to prove *current* examples of bigotry, then everything. It's like claiming that the Germans are a shower of b*****ds and posting photos of the London Blitz as proof.

Well the slogan did recently appear on a vandalised Orange hall in Northern Ireland , is that current enough ? Someone asked for proof of it being a religous slur , a quick google search and it wasn't exactly hard to find , it's a slur used against the loyalist community in Northern Ireland but of course that has zilch to do with its use against rangers .....

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1468838357.946153.jpg

Feel as if this thread is being derailed by the *** so here's a relevant picture. Hibs legend David Gray with the Scottish cup outside the famous five stand.

You can always tell you have won an argument when your opponent starts reverting to petty insults

5 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1468842898.702103.jpg

You okay ***? How did this moment feel? Does it still hurt? I bet it does.

How did it feel?Not great obviously

does it still hurt ? Not particularly , over it now , we will have many more scottish cup finals over the years and will win some and lose some 

2 hours ago, forever_blue said:

That's not the point I am making here , the question was asked to show proof that it is a religious slur . So I have , your response since has been nothing other than bizarre 

Back in the 1970s the word in question was used as an epithet for Glasgow Rangers FC. If it had any religious connotations then that was entirely down to the club's own sectarian policies at the time. These were of course done away with in the Souness era and Rangers are to be commended for that. However given that the majority of posters on here seem to view the current Rangers as an entirely separate club, one which has never had any anti-Catholic policy, I don't see how the word can have any religious connotations these days. Which is why I asked when the photos you posted were taken.

I see Lee Wallace's girlfriend has taken to Twitter today to ask all the rangers fans who keep lying, that her man got assaulted on the pitch, stop with their fabrication of the truth,

@stephmoffat1

Lee wasn't hit. He didn't speak to any refs/police. We went on holiday the following day..... Time to move on from the fabricated lies