Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

4 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Who do you suggest regulates refs? What is your expertise to say that the ref was so bad? Ever tried it? Poor decisions are part and parcel of the game. if your players/team loose the plot every time they perceive they are on the end of a wrong decision it is going to be a long old season for you I would suggest.

I have suggested that the refs on the whole are self regulated.  I have witnessed that first hand when I used to play. 

I have tried it at boys club level and accept that it is difficult even at that level  and chose not to pursue it after playing,  but  refs have been through higher  levels to get to grade 1 ( alledgedly) .   It baffles me how  (with some of them, not all may I add )  their inconsistency has not been picked up and worked on before being charged with a senior game. 

I am sorry but poor decisions on a regular basis should be dealt with. They should not be part of the game.  That is just incompetent and unprofessional  teaching from a higher level.   I would not be happy in myself if I consistently made wrong decisions which influenced results and player suspensions etc . I am sure the majority of refs feel the same but there are quite a few who just seem to plod on regardless.   

Just my opinion. 

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I see O'Neill is still a total liability at the back, just at fault for the 2 goals there.

To be fair , he has been pretty good up till now.  I would have said our whole defence went missing for those goals in the second half .  Dreadful defending all round. Just hope they have learned from their mistakes as the Saints forward line will no doubt be a bit sharper than Elgin's. 

O'Neill is a very popular player with the kind of fans who like to shout "Get stuck in!" with little regard for positional sense, the circumstances of the match or much else.  Decent going in for a tackle, but too often caught hopelessly out of position.  

25 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

O'Neill is a very popular player with the kind of fans who like to shout "Get stuck in!" with little regard for positional sense, the circumstances of the match or much else.  Decent going in for a tackle, but too often caught hopelessly out of position.  

Not really seen that side of him TBH.  He doesn't shirk a tackle but can't say he's a dirty player. He has been getting forward quite a bit which is what we have been crying out for.   Just needs a good organiser beside him to keep him right . Paul McLean when fit again will be that man. 

I wonder what line he will use to take the shine off that performance tonight ???  8)

I've actually been waiting patiently for him to complain about the reduced admission prices for the game tonight

Just seen your result now, kinda makes me a bit more upset about our first 2 games now. I was gonna head through to The Glebe tonight but I eventually decided against it.

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I've actually been waiting patiently for him to complain about the reduced admission prices for the game tonight

I must apologise that was a mis quote on the supporters club facebook page. £12  it was.    But I maybe managed to entice a few more on the back of it though !!! :thumsup2

I must apologise that was a mis quote on the supporters club facebook page. £12  it was.    But I maybe managed to entice a few more on the back of it though !!! :thumsup2

I was nearly one of them, thank f**k I didn't go[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

It was the official Facebook page that twice stated 'revised' prices of £10 and £5 for tonight. So I'm a little unsure as to why it was £12 and £6. Not that it bothers me but it seemed a bit odd.

A real backs to the wall performance tonight. There's no arguing that we could have been beaten comfortably had it not been for some terrific goalkeeping and heroic defending but we stuck at it and got our reward. Whole team put in a shift but Buzz, Hill and Jacko were the standouts for me. Cracking cross and header for the goal. Thought we invited them on to us a little too much and it always seemed like a matter of time until Saints scored, a bit gutting it came so late.

Good to go in to the last group game with a chance of finishing 2nd, but I believe qualification would be pretty unlikely even if we did win down at Falkirk.

To beat a premier league team on penalties was very enjoyable,although we made it hard for ourselves.Thought Dougie Hill was good and I like the look of Finn Graham.Just hope Dods doesn't change it too much on Saturday,its time to get a settled team ready for the league games.

Great performance last nite a decent prem. team. Pitty about the w/end result but looking good if the lads can keep it up for the rest of the season. Saturday's game will take care of itself. Onwards n upwards,mon the city

Ok, now that the league cup friendlies are out the way and the big ball comes out next week some questions;

Will we carry on with three centre halves and two wing backs that more often than not become a back 5? Will the wing backs actually be more in midfield / forward than they have managed in most of the games so far?

Will we sign an attacking midfielder or get one in on loan?

Will Ross score? Will we bring in another forward?

Will Andy Jackson ever get to play as an out and out striker with support from Trouts / Love?

Discuss.

3 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Ok, now that the league cup friendlies are out the way and the big ball comes out next week some questions;

Will we carry on with three centre halves and two wing backs that more often than not become a back 5? Will the wing backs actually be more in midfield / forward than they have managed in most of the games so far?

Will we sign an attacking midfielder or get one in on loan?

Will Ross score? Will we bring in another forward?

Will Andy Jackson ever get to play as an out and out striker with support from Trouts / Love?

Discuss.

I would like to see Jacko play as a target man with another forward playing off him. I think they could recreate the Roddy Grant/Chris Templeman success of a few (?) years ago. Maybe this would be the best position for Love. I haven't seen anything to impress me from Caldwell yet. Maybe he needs to get really fit to show what he can do.  Good to see Trouts getting back to form, but I'm not sure if we can afford both James Dale and Finn Graham in the same midfield - I think they are too alike and play the same type of game. I've been impressed by the improvement in Euan Smith this season and think he deserves a run in the team. It will be interesting to see where Pabs fits into the team. I thought the back 5 looked reasonable in most games this pre-season, but we can't afford to leave out a class player like Pabs. Up to you Mr Dods!

Archived