Stirling Albion Thread

On 13/05/2023 at 17:40, unitedbino said:

8 matches against Alloa/Falkirk next season. You love to see it.

Yeah, great news. For me, the biggest draw about getting back to League 1 is the derby and getting bigger crowds along to Forthbank. In that regard, the league is maybe a little bit underwhelming compared to previous years but with Alloa and Falkirk staying down and the possibility (although I don't think it will happen) of Airdrie staying down, then it gives us a decent boost.

Paul McLean signs on for another year at the club. Some people seem to think, despite having a good year this year, that he’ll struggle in League 1 simply because of his age….and the fact he has been around for a while, I don’t buy that and I’m delighted with the news.

Also delighted with the news.

Best defender at the club and makes those around him better.

Good being able to get all this business on while others are still playing to decide which league they'll be in.

It's strange not feeling jealous of those still with something to play for........but also very stress free.

Really looking forward to next season.

1 hour ago, WattersIsGod said:

Best defender at the club and makes those around him better.

Absolutely and sometimes this is over looked by many. Jordan McGregor and Adam Cummins have both looked like better players alongside him and I think he has probably helped to steady McGregor, who has had some rash moments playing alongside other players but doesn't seem to have that when Pabs plays.

You really see the difference when Mcgregor and Cummins have played as a partnership and we look nowhere near as organised.

I would like an improved centre half option over Cummims, especially one who could cover a full back position better.  I'm thinking a player quicker than our existing central defensive options.

Happy to resign both Clark and Geeks as full backs but the depth needs to improve. We have no adequate cover for either.

Surprised TRIPLE reaction by #GSC above, can only think he/she has taken umbrage to the comments about McGregor and Cummins. Whatever has gotten under his/her skin, can I ask, where have I mentioned that I don't like them as players or don't want them at the club? I simply think both play better when they are alongside Pabs.

That's Kyle Banner announced as staying also.....in fear of more reds I suppose I better watch what I'm saying here. That's more good news coming out of the club, Banner has come on leaps and bounds and is vital in that Midfield Anchor role now. He'll be able to challenge himself at a higher level for the first time, so good to hear 

Adam Cummins signed up for another year.

He put in some decent performances over the season at centre back.

I don't want to see him at full back again as i feel that impedes our attacking down the right.

Very much looks like Darren Young is getting most of the band back together for next year.

Obviously still hoping for a couple of  new signings as every one likes shiny new toys.

More good news from the club with the news on Cummins and Ross McGeachie re-signing.

I like Cummins, certainly at Centre Back, and I’m glad he is back in. I think it’s a pity for him, the way last season panned out with injury, so hopefully a good pre-season behind him and he’ll hit the ground running again. I just think McLean, McGregor and Cummins complement each other massively and are a good solid base at the back. 

Everyone knows the news of Geeks re-signing will be met with delight by the fans and I’m no different. A modern day legend who is arguably off the back of his best season yet. With a testimonial match just round the corner, it’s the icing on the cake for him…..auch, it’s simply brilliant news.

Ahoy Stirling fans.

Recently did a podcast interview with Darren Young about his time at Dunfermline, but we do chat about winning L2 this season a bit. Was done before the MOTT was announced. 

Fair bit of Pars chat as you'd expect but hopefully you'll enjoy listening through it to get to Darren. 

Cheers

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12878853

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Ahoy Stirling fans.

Recently did a podcast interview with Darren Young about his time at Dunfermline, but we do chat about winning L2 this season a bit. Was done before the MOTT was announced. 

Fair bit of Pars chat as you'd expect but hopefully you'll enjoy listening through it to get to Darren. 

Cheers

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12878853

Thanks for that. Was an interesting listen

Would be delighted with this news if it's true, was always a real handful when I saw him playing for Forfar. Front 4 options of Carrick, Thomson, Spence and Hilson would be very strong and would give Young some good options. 

Hilson left to get game time so would imagine he would play with Carrick no? 

I really liked Hilson for how hard he works and how good he can be for the team but I think we need a wee bit more up there and it’ll be good to try something different uptop. Would’ve happily kept him as someone to close out a game and as part of a squad but he will probably enjoy dropping a level, playing all the time and scoring more goals. 

Last year when he re signed for us I was really unsure but he was vital for us in the last couple of months and scored 3 really important goals which helped keep us up. 

Really hope he does well and I think he will too.

Edited by 1320Lichtie