Stirling Albion Thread

I thought Geeks was one of our more reliable players last time we were in league 1. He has more than earned the jump up anyways with some of the dross he's had to play with over the years! In other news we should be getting Jack Leitch locked away until next season now, he's top of my Wishlist for sure!  

4 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Team for next season IMO

Currie

New signing - New signing - McLean - Clark

Cooper - Leitch - Davidson(sadly) - New signing

Carrick - New signing (Hester please)

So, at least 4 first team signings, but probably need a few more. 

Dunsmore, Thomson, and McGeachie might be good squad players, but for me, they don't start in L1. 

Cammy Clark for me is the most improved player at the club. 

Cammy Clark was outstanding yesterday

1 hour ago, unitedbino said:

Ok, mate. I've learned you only come in here to dig people in the ribs. I don't know what to tell you. I've told you what I think. You disagree. That's fine.

I questioned a contradiction in two comments. and invited you to explain it. You didn't, but that's fine, just give your sensitive ribs a nice lotion rub.

3 hours ago, jsavage said:

No Robert Thomson on Saturday or at the awards (unless I’ve missed spotting him in the photos, which is certainly possible). Hope it’s nothing too serious! 

Seen he posted on his twitter on Saturday. Appeared to be abroad? possible agreed when he signed?  

On 23/04/2023 at 18:14, StewartyMac said:

Team for next season IMO

Currie

New signing - New signing - McLean - Clark

Cooper - Leitch - Davidson(sadly) - New signing

Carrick - New signing (Hester please)

So, at least 4 first team signings, but probably need a few more. 

Dunsmore, Thomson, and McGeachie might be good squad players, but for me, they don't start in L1. 

Cammy Clark for me is the most improved player at the club. 

Can’t please all of the people all of the time. But on CC yes. In his first league match at Dumbarton, he had the makings of a hired assassin.  I now expect him to be in starting 11.

So it's that time of the season again, where contracts are once again up for grabs (although i'm sure offers have already been made, maybe even accepted). 1 more game of the season to play then League 1 awaits. Darren Young was quoted in the Sunday Mail saying that he'll recruit 3 or 4 players (although I suspect it might be slightly more) but this is just the start of things and he wants to build from here.

From memory, Blair Currie, Jordan McGregor, Ross Davidson, Josh Cooper, Dale Carrick, Robert Thomson and Greg Spence are all signed on for next season. So out of the current crop, if it was up to you, who else gets offered deals, who is for the chop and where are the priority areas??

I'd like to see Clark and mcgeachie signed up for next season. Need cover for both.

.McLean as well. A new centre half signing should be a  priority too.

I'd resign leitch as he's a match winner on his day. I'd keep Kyle Banner as well.

Think we need upgrades in wide areas. Can't see Danny Denholm cutting it in league one probably not Dunsmore either. Kieran Moores pace and defensive work still make him an option I think.

Carrick, Thomson and Spence is a decent start up front.

Even if we did only get 3 or 4 additions but all were genuine upgrades, I think flat should be enough to stay up.

I just want to say that I think Ross McGeachie  has been outstanding over the season.  His sheer determination to win.  His penetration as an attacking full back up the right  and though hampered recently through carrying an injury, he's been a star for me.   At 29 he's still got much to offer and I hope Darren thinks the same.

8 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

I'd like to see Clark and mcgeachie signed up for next season. Need cover for both.

.McLean as well. A new centre half signing should be a  priority too.

I'd resign leitch as he's a match winner on his day. I'd keep Kyle Banner as well.

Think we need upgrades in wide areas. Can't see Danny Denholm cutting it in league one probably not Dunsmore either. Kieran Moores pace and defensive work still make him an option I think.

Carrick, Thomson and Spence is a decent start up front.

Even if we did only get 3 or 4 additions but all were genuine upgrades, I think flat should be enough to stay up.

Leitch still has a year left on his contract. I had forgot all about it until I spoke to him on Saturday and begged him to stay 🤣