Stirling Albion Thread

Early days, plenty of time to get next season sorted out.

We haven't got certainty in which league we will be in.

I'd say we are ahead of schedule in preparation for next season.

I do agree that I'd like Geeks signed up though. I'm sure he can still do a job for us next season.

10 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

Early days, plenty of time to get next season sorted out.

We haven't got certainty in which league we will be in.

I'd say we are ahead of schedule in preparation for next season.

I do agree that I'd like Geeks signed up though. I'm sure he can still do a job for us next season.

Will need half a squad of higher calibre players for next season 

If go up

6 minutes ago, Binos said:

Will need half a squad of higher calibre players for next season 

If go up

Definitely.

I just don't see the point in getting ahead of ourselves. Let's get the title clinched and then we can start worrying about next season.

I don't want to start talking about what needs upgrading when the guys are out giving their all week in week out to try and deliver a title.

1 minute ago, WattersIsGod said:

Definitely.

I just don't see the point in getting ahead of ourselves. Let's get the title clinched and then we can start worrying about next season.

I don't want to start talking about what needs upgrading when the guys are out giving their all week in week out to try and deliver a title.

Agree, but is also the way of the lower leagues 

Manager will be well aware of course 

Plus, wouldn't put it past us to f**k it up somehow 

Dreadful for 90 minutes, Carrick pops up in the last second to win the game. No idea how we keep doing this, but I'm not complaining. I thought the terracing went mental when Dunsmore scored the third goal earlier in the season, it was nothing compared to the absolute berzo reaction to Carrick's goal today. 

I shudder to think where we would be without Dale Carrick. 

3 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Dreadful for 90 minutes, Carrick pops up in the last second to win the game. No idea how we keep doing this, but I'm not complaining. I thought the terracing went mental when Dunsmore scored the third goal earlier in the season, it was nothing compared to the absolute berzo reaction to Carrick's goal today. 

Or Geeks, who was the only player who did anything out wide.  

It was a poor quality game but obviously a huge win given the nature of it. I thought we were okish in the first half without really getting out of second gear. Stenny keeper made a couple of good stops to keep them in the game.

Second half we really toiled. Davidson and leitch ran out of juice and that let wedderburn run the show. However his opportunities to do so were severely limited by stennys incomprehensible tactics of just lumping the ball up the park at every opportunity. Their number 14 ghosted past our sluggish midfielders and defence on a couple of occasions and why they didn't do that more often is baffling.

Don't remember Currie making a save of note throughout.

Carrick's brilliant late winner exemplified the never say die attitude of the team and it was just brilliant to see players and fans celebrating both that goal and the victory.  The fans were tremendous throughout - turned out in good numbers and backed the players from first to last. Real feel good factor throughout the club at the moment and let's hope it carries through to Tuesday night.

7 minutes ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

Real feel good factor throughout the club at the moment and let's hope it carries through to Tuesday night.

Totally agree, it feels like we have turned a corner and truly are a club on the up, after so many years in the doldrums. Even when we were in this position under McDonald and Mackay, I don’t remember the “feel good factor” being as good as this, or the crowd boost being as much.

Just hope we can carry this into next season and build 🤞🏻

5 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

It's difficult to understand why Dale Carrick played second fiddle to Dylan Mackin for most of last season.

Some may say it was a dreadful 90 minutes but that is what grinding out results looks like.

7 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

He was a very good player with Airdrie although his legs seemed to be going at League 1 level,    what a turnaround for yourselves. ,   you looked a really poor side at the  NLCcup in preseason with a lot of boardroom struggles to boot,    What happened to  turn it round

7 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

It's difficult to understand why Dale Carrick played second fiddle to Dylan Mackin for most of last season.

I’m not sure he played second fiddle. KR wanted Mackin to be the battering ram Centre Forward and decided that Carrick was effective coming from wide, in the way that Darren Smith did under Dave Mackay. I never understood this logic and it didn’t work, but it was decisions like this that made KR a failure at the club.