Stirling Albion Thread

Well it's another blank Saturday due to Elgin City's continuing cup exploits.  We've had an unfortunate run of postponements that have severely affected the momentum we built up just before Christmas. That, with the loss of Fotheringham, will be a real test for the management, medical guys and the players.  Going to be interesting....

1 hour ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

Well it's another blank Saturday due to Elgin City's continuing cup exploits.  We've had an unfortunate run of postponements that have severely affected the momentum we built up just before Christmas. That, with the loss of Fotheringham, will be a real test for the management, medical guys and the players.  Going to be interesting....

I've just seen that news

If they think a lad is going to save them they're bonkers 

Yip, definitely frustrating TVOR and I think there have been signs over the Stranraer and East Fife games that the players aren't quite in that groove that they were in before the New Year. There's not much we can do about it with Elgin being the only League 2 team left in the cup, but I would argue that it's definitely an advantage to Dumbarton.

3 hours ago, Leewood said:

You can still bring in Loan players? 

Yes, you can still bring in loan players and sign free agents.  The only thing you can't do, is transfer a player under contract to one club,  to another club between the transfer windows.

I was thinking last night that being a Sons or Binos fan at the moment must be what it feels like to be an Old Firm fan. I really got my hopes up that Bonnyrigg would hold on, but deep down I knew that winner was coming. Just as, I suspect, Binos fans felt on Saturday when we squeaked beyond Annan.

You do have to say fair play to both sides for their records so far. To be pretty much secured of a playoff place by Valentines' Day isn't something many teams manage, and it's a credit to how consistent both have been at stringing together positive results. In a lot of seasons  our current records would have one our teams sitting fairly comfortably at the top of the league.

This title race is not good for the heart rate, but both squads are performing admirably. Especially given the variety of venues in this league; from our tattie field to big astros at Forfar, Stenny and EF to the hilly public park style at Bonnyrigg.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I was thinking last night that being a Sons or Binos fan at the moment must be what it feels like to be an Old Firm fan. I really got my hopes up that Bonnyrigg would hold on, but deep down I knew that winner was coming. Just as, I suspect, Binos fans felt on Saturday when we squeaked beyond Annan.

You do have to say fair play to both sides for their records so far. To be pretty much secured of a playoff place by Valentines' Day isn't something many teams manage, and it's a credit to how consistent both have been at stringing together positive results. In a lot of seasons  our current records would have one our teams sitting fairly comfortably at the top of the league.

This title race is not good for the heart rate, but both squads are performing admirably. Especially given the variety of venues in this league; from our tattie field to big astros at Forfar, Stenny and EF to the hilly public park style at Bonnyrigg.

Very good post.

What makes it even more enjoyable(?) in a way is neither team is blowing the opposition away. Seems to be victories by 1 goal most weeks, which says a lot about the character of both teams, but gives hope to both that the other team will falter.

Come the end of the season, I hope both teams manage to get promoted. 

4 minutes ago, gmca said:

Very good post.

What makes it even more enjoyable(?) in a way is neither team is blowing the opposition away. Seems to be victories by 1 goal most weeks, which says a lot about the character of both teams, but gives hope to both that the other team will falter.

Come the end of the season, I hope both teams manage to get promoted. 

Yeah I agree on all counts. And the question mark after the first point is definitely something I can relate to! Both teams are good, but they aren't a Cove/Kelty or whoever who are smashing teams and cruising to wins (other than a certain exception at Forthbank...) most weeks.

It's absolutely horrible. But also superb at the same time. My nerves are shot to pieces but I get a nervous excitement for every Saturday that I've not experienced in quite a wee while as a Sons fan - and I don't doubt it's the same for you guys after a fair few seasons of underachievement.

Forthbank's my local ground these days, so I'll definitely jump along to cheer you on in the playoffs ;)

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Yeah I agree on all counts. And the question mark after the first point is definitely something I can relate to! Both teams are good, but they aren't a Cove/Kelty or whoever who are smashing teams and cruising to wins (other than a certain exception at Forthbank...) most weeks.

It's absolutely horrible. But also superb at the same time. My nerves are shot to pieces but I get a nervous excitement for every Saturday that I've not experienced in quite a wee while as a Sons fan - and I don't doubt it's the same for you guys after a fair few seasons of underachievement.

Forthbank's my local ground these days, so I'll definitely jump along to cheer you on in the playoffs ;)

Personally I live in hope rather than expectation. Playing catch up tends to enforce that mindset.  That said, after years of bugger all hope under a succession of failed rookie managers, at least there finally is hope.  Just being where we are is intoxicating stuff after that experience.

With  45 points still up for grabs it's fascinating. but very nervy come match days.  After the season from hell for them in league 1 Dumbarton supporters possibly feel much the same way about things.