Stirling Albion Thread

[quote post="11452048" timestamp="1498900129" name="JakeSAFC" useridAlso wonder if we'll have many trialists playing.

It'll be interesting to see. Reading the SO for the last few months, I've always had the impression that Mackay has known the players he wanted to bring in and was just waiting for them to sign or come back from holiday.

Lee Hamilton has obviously been training with us so he might play, and one of daily papers said a Clydebank Winger had been invited on trial so there could be 1 or 2.

Calvin Colquhoun? Was on loan to you last season I believe.

What's he like?

Any good? Best position?

Cheers

Not really sure what he brought to the team tbh, very ineffective.

We had him in central midfield, which I'm sure his is "best" position.

Calvin Colquhoun? Was on loan to you last season I believe.

What's he like?

Any good? Best position?

Cheers

Shite

Pretty well summed up by Mattie1880. Stunned that Raith are even considering him.

Lee Hamilton starting today, a load of trialists as well on the bench.

We're they? I just assumed they were Development players.

An enjoyable enough afternoon against Motherwell where we weren't disgraced in any way. It was what it was, we could of been 2 or 3 up before the first goal had gone in and if Smith, MacDonald and Kavanagh had been sharper in front of goal then we could have given Motherwell a real fright.

Great to get back, certainly positives to take for our first game and fingers crossed a successful season starts now.

2 excellent Motherwell goals were all that separated both sides.

Daz, Peaso and Kav were a handful for Motherwell today, looking forward to seeing them against opposition at our level.

Robertson was class as usual.

Lee Hamilton played well, was impressed with Noble too.

Looking forward for the real games to start now.

59 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Pretty well summed up by Mattie1880. Stunned that Raith are even considering him.

We're they? I just assumed they were Development players.

An enjoyable enough afternoon against Motherwell where we weren't disgraced in any way. It was what it was, we could of been 2 or 3 up before the first goal had gone in and if Smith, MacDonald and Kavanagh had been sharper in front of goal then we could have given Motherwell a real fright.

Great to get back, certainly positives to take for our first game and fingers crossed a successful season starts now.

2 excellent Motherwell goals were all that separated both sides.

Three trialists I thought, Lee Hamilton, the other Henderson and McLair, the others from the development squad.

Decent performance today, felt we were a bit unlucky not to score in the first half but all credit to Motherwell, cracking first goal to take the lead. Good performances from Darren Smith, Ross Kavanagh, and Peter MacDonald, also from Brian Noble at left back.

Good away support from Motherwell fans in the East Stand, thanks to all 592 of them for turning up.

Three trialists I thought, Lee Hamilton, the other Henderson and McLair, the others from the development squad.

Ah, cheers.....as I said I just assumed they were all just youngsters at the club. Couldn't find anything on John Henderson, but a quick Google search shows that McClair played for Dunfermline and is Nephew of Scottish Footballing legend Brian.

No doubt they'll get a bigger run out in on other friendlies.

That fat Lee Hamilton from Berwick?

Used to be a good good player.

Or am I getting confused?

Was at Berwick last season.....but fat....but used to be a good good player.....think you're mixing players up here.

He came through our youth system and was released by Stuart McLaren and signed for Berwick. Was always in good shape and was always an OK player but nothing better than that.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That fat Lee Hamilton from Berwick?

Used to be a good good player.

Or am I getting confused?

Thinking of Lee Currie?