Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

You say chaos all i want to do is discuss football and in the main airdrie, however if a person is going to insult me i am only going to stand up for myself. I was having a discussion with diamond8 based on ada,m browns current season's  form, that I wouldn't choose any other winger in  league1 over Adam Brown. Diamond8 didn't agree with me and put his points across and i put my points across. How you deem this causing chaos is beyond belief. 

back to football matters the team i would start tomorrow is a 3-4-3 diamond formation.

1 ferguson   2 stewart 3 mcdonald 4 gorman

midfield would be Mcintosh ( in front of the back 3 as defensive mid)

wingers schmidt ( if not fit scullion) and Brown

centre mids Conroy and Leitch

up front Ryan and Russell

I wouldn't start Boetang or Fitz as i believe the 11 players i have choose are the best at the club.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE need eleven diamonds at all times,regardless of formation. Mind you if I read Cooper81 correctly that looks more like a 3-1-4-2 . Usually a back three has two central defenders and a full bacl, or three central defenders and those guys don't match up to that idea? Won't be at the game for a variety of reasons but look forward to the line up as chosen by the "manager"

56 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

You say chaos all i want to do is discuss football and in the main airdrie, however if a person is going to insult me i am only going to stand up for myself. I was having a discussion with diamond8 based on ada,m browns current season's  form, that I wouldn't choose any other winger in  league1 over Adam Brown. Diamond8 didn't agree with me and put his points across and i put my points across. How you deem this causing chaos is beyond belief. 

back to football matters the team i would start tomorrow is a 3-4-3 diamond formation.

I wouldn't start Boetang or Fitz as i believe the 11 players i have choose are the best at the club.

I think you've nailed it this time Copper.   That's the perfect formation and personnel.

Thanks for enlightening us with your genius.

If McBride ever fails I'm backing you to replace him.

VOTE COOPER!

I would have Conroy as captain in place of Fitz ( for tomorrows game)as is he experienced and emphasizes everything the club want to be a team known for playing football.

Fitz probably won't get dropped  ( doesn't mean i need to agree with it though) and i don't dislike Fitz as i believe he gives the team 100 per cent however if he wanted to get in my starting 11 he would need to up his game as leitch and Conroy are playing a lot better and offering more to the team.

My opinion if your in starting 11 if you play well enough you shouldn't get dropped but if you don't perform to a good level your in danger of getting dropped and i include the captain in that statement.

Another thing Cooper is that you have only one centre back and he's out of favour. You're entitled to your opinion but in my opinion that team would lose a barrow load. While we're on the make believe suggestion of dropping the captain, Russell is the vice-captain.

Just about pished my frilly's. Don't know wither this is a joke or serious.

We have struggled with 4 at the back on occasions this season and your suggesting 3 at back.

Would go with a back four Stewart, Macdonald and any two from boateng,Gorman McIntosh and Fitzpatrick. Midfield Conroy, leitch, Brown and either Daly or McLaughlin. And Russell and Ryan up front.

Schmidt isn't a winger and hasn't given any reason to prove to me he is capable of playing as a winger.

Just my opinion.

Mcintosh would be playing as defensive mid in front of the back three to help support the defense.

But your asking a back 4 to go to a back 3 with someone sitting in front of them who have struggled to play as a back 4.

If your going to go to a back 3 play with a sweeper

Or better still the rest of the team stop the opposition mounting an attack.

First Ayr goal a cross from left well converted by their player.  Secon Stewart was pulled in to the cross, didn't win it and the left winger was unmarked. Ayr making more down their left so we need to tighten up.  Great goal from Conroy 

Archived