Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Lister- I don't se any evidence that lister stuck two fingers up last season, say I give you the benefit of the doubt and say Lister did was that to the same manager you cannot stand.

IIRC at the time, there was a joke made of this that he was telling the manager to go 2 up front, I remember this happening.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

TBM- You question Lister based on the fact he was a smoker but then you go on to say it didn't do Cruff any harm.

You often tend to contradict yourself.

I didnt question Lister.   You said he was a leader.  I gave a few examples why maybe he wasnt.   He was a decent player for us and a decent guy.  No more, no less.

Let it go now fan girl and dont go getting into arguments with adults.

Well TBM i disagree with you Lister was a leader, ( my examples) he gave his all on the pitch and the players within the team responded to his efforts during the matches.

Jim Lister was one of the players who kept the young players within the squad settled at half time when EWB had his stroke at Cowdenbeath.

Jim listers form had a big say in turning us from relegation canditates to having outside chance of getting in the play offs last season.The team clearly got a lift from Jimmy lister playing.

TBM don't call me a girl ( its childish and pathetic you feel the need to try and insult someone for oppinon) 

3 hours ago, touchedbymadness said:

Smoking and drinking didn't do Crujff, Best or Gazza any harm.

Eh, I think it did, certainly to the latter two. Sure they were world class players at one stage in their careers, but if they'd avoided it they could have prolonged their career and probably gone to a different level.

Been confirmed that Louden and Higgins away to Cumbernauld United on loan. Not even Cumbernauld Colts. I know they won't exactly be on a lot of money but these two are utter wastes of 1st team contracts. Did we not sign these two jobbers on 2 year deals too?

Been confirmed that Louden and Higgins away to Cumbernauld United on loan. Not even Cumbernauld Colts. I know they won't exactly be on a lot of money but these two are utter wastes of 1st team contracts. Did we not sign these two jobbers on 2 year deals too?

Explain why there a waste of contract !

Utter jobbers? You're being overly harsh on the boys there.

1 hour ago, kenny deuchar said:

Eh, I think it did, certainly to the latter two. Sure they were world class players at one stage in their careers, but if they'd avoided it they could have prolonged their career and probably gone to a different level.

:thumsup2 I'm sure that arguably the best and most influential player of all time Cruyff could've gone on to another level.   

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

Confirms what i said last week both i was told were sent out on loan cumbernauld to free up money to get the leitch deal done. Loudon based on his breif appearance at stenny maybe merits being in our squad never mind being sent out on loan.

Was Kenny Dalglish a waste of a contract and a jobber when he went there ?

24 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Confirms what i said last week both i was told were sent out on loan cumbernauld to free up money to get the leitch deal done. Loudon based on his breif appearance at stenny maybe merits being in our squad never mind being sent out on loan.

You said Cumbernauld Colts ya rocket.  You are an insider innit?

Archived