Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Just now, Cooper81 said:

Whether people like my oppinon or not. I don't go out my way to call other posters names. I could have quite easily reported a couple of people on here but I appreciate that some people hate being told they are wrong or that someone does not agree with them.

I honestly can't remember any post where you proved someone wrong, I can however remember about 1000 posts where you just spout utter garbage

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, waysider said:

Who would make the decision to ban? You can't ban someone because some people think he is talking rubbish. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. This is what makes the world go round.

The only way I can see anyone being banned is if the owners of the site consider that someone is consistently using language which might cause offence or act in what is deemed to be a manner which is politically incorrect of even defamatory.

I searched the site T&Cs and can't find a "talking shite" clause in the acceptable behaviour section.

On 9/21/2016 at 17:14, Tulloch Gorum said:

How many games has Schmidt played as a striker?  He's not been very impressive so far, but it's not really fair to judge him until he's had a reasonable run in his natural position.  I wouldn't play him in place of either Ryan or Russell, but I just don't think we can say yet whether he's any good or not as backup for them.

As for Coogans, I'd have him back in a flash.  I spoke with another fan at the friendly against Gala, who said that she'd seen him playing for us in a closed-door game the week before (I think), and that he was rank.  I've no reason to doubt that, but again - there's a limited amount you can really tell from one friendly.  

Quite, as we've found by the signing of Schmidt.. There's perhaps some truth in that he hasn't had a run in his favoured position, but you can still tell from watching a player more or less what level of player they are, even if they are slightly out of position. You need to offer more than just being an 'on the shoulder' striker anyway - which someone claimed he was, and in the Queens Park league game where he played this role he did very little, other than miss a sitter of an 'on the shoulder' chance.

It doesn't really matter in that he tries his best and I'll still support him when he plays, but I feel it matters in terms of the signing policy. With some players we seem to have them train with us for weeks before they earn (or not) a contract, as TBM alluded to with Coogans, Gow etc, others seem to be snapped up without so much as a second look - like Schmidt and Faria. I'd just like to know why.

1 minute ago, Cooper81 said:

Have your oppinons but wouldn't be ironic if he scores the winner on Saturday.

I do have an opinion, but I don't think you know what irony is.

I celebrated when Ronald scored, I celebrated when James Sharp made a tackle.......doesn't mean their good enough..

Just now, Pesadilla said:

I do have an opinion, but I don't think you know what irony is.

I celebrated when Ronald scored, I celebrated when James Sharp made a tackle.......doesn't mean their good enough..

I got told to judge Russell based on the whole season. I would suggest the fans do the same with Schmidt. I  confident he will prove you wrong he did okay on Saturday let's se what Saturday brings.

5 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

I got told to judge Russell based on the whole season. I would suggest the fans do the same with Schmidt. I  confident he will prove you wrong he did okay on Saturday let's se what Saturday brings.

Sooooo.....you're confident he'll be a player, based on a bang average performance on Saturday.......are you Tom Wotherspoon?

Just now, Pesadilla said:

Sooooo.....you're confident he'll be a player, based on a bang average performance on Saturday.......are you Tom Wotherspoon?

I  am a fan with oppinon. To be honest I'm only going to post on my own link from now on as I don't value oppinons of fans who are abusive.

8 hours ago, Cooper81 said:

I  am a fan with oppinon. To be honest I'm only going to post on my own link from now on as I don't value oppinons of fans who are abusive.

Opinion has one p. And another i. Normally would ignore it but your posts hurt my eyes.

I am now of the opinion (see?) you're actually extremely intelligent and expertly trolling everyone. You have to be. 

1 minute ago, Airdrie76 said:

Opinion has one p. And another i. Normally would ignore it but your posts hurt my eyes.

I am now of the opinion (see?) you're actually extremely intelligent and expertly trolling everyone. You have to be. 

Notice how his/her posts are perfectly spelt when angry?   He/she replaced diamondatheart,  the combo appeared around the time of the new regime.  His/her defence of the "agent who shall not be named's" clients seems indicative too.    Either an incredibly stupid person or a mad troll trying to control or ruin the Airdrie web.

5 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I mused on this subject earlier. He's probably the most intelligent football related person on the planet, which if the English media are to be believed would make Cooper81 Clarke Carlisle.

Archived