Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone confirmed whether the free season tickets for kids will still be supported by the club next year? I know the Trust did a brilliant job in raising the money to fund this the last two years...

Deffo happening again...I have 10000 flyers sitting beside me in my dining room for it, which is going down like a lead balloon!  

Launch date will be July 2nd on Airdrie fair day, and will get an announcement and formal launch of it soon, hopefully in conjunction with normal season tickets.

Deffo happening again...I have 10000 flyers sitting beside me in my dining room for it, which is going down like a lead balloon!  

Launch date will be July 2nd on Airdrie fair day, and will get an announcement and formal launch of it soon, hopefully in conjunction with normal season tickets.

Will the program be glossy?

Nothing against Dougy, and I'm sure he will do a fantastic job but I can't understand why we need a Commercial Manager or Chief Marketing Officer. I'm assuming they are paid positions so therefore, I am of the opinion that the money could be better spent on the playing squad. Is that narrow minded of me?

With regards to the statement on McBride, my understanding of it is that Eddie is the manager and will pick the team, but until he makes a full recovery, McBride will take his place on the touch line.

Not being narrow minded at all mate. At the end of the day I am a fan as well, so I would want to know too.

Posted more about it on fb, but I am employed by M&H, so doesn't affect the playing budget. They have a retail side of the business (my background is head office retail) and want me to set up a few things for them, so my time will be spent 50-50 between M&H and the club.Best of both worlds. I've been working away from home the last 5 years, so part of the reason for taking the role is to spend more time at home with my family, along with fulfilling the Airdrie dream.

No playing contract, sadly, although I think I could pass for a fat Hugo Faria.

Not being narrow minded at all mate. At the end of the day I am a fan as well, so I would want to know too.

Posted more about it on fb, but I am employed by M&H, so doesn't affect the playing budget. They have a retail side of the business (my background is head office retail) and want me to set up a few things for them, so my time will be spent 50-50 between M&H and the club.Best of both worlds. I've been working away from home the last 5 years, so part of the reason for taking the role is to spend more time at home with my family, along with fulfilling the Airdrie dream.

No playing contract, sadly, although I think I could pass for a fat Hugo Faria.

Your being totally unfair on yourself, you'd probably pass as a thin Hugo Faria

Smashing thanks :)

Looked promising during his first spell but hasn't really produced the goods since. Seemed to do well at Kilbirnie Ladeside though so perhaps he's found his level. 

Still probably a better player than Adam Brown.

McAleer on Twitter confirming he's gone.

A signing I didn't really understand. Couldn't get a game for East Fife, moves up a division and guess what?

He did really well in his first spell and  didn't work out for him at east fife, think Bollan felt he was worth signing again. I think the boy has ability just seems to have falling out of favour.

He did really well in his first spell and  didn't work out for him at east fife, think Bollan felt he was worth signing again. I think the boy has ability just seems to have falling out of favour.

As usual, your opinion is nonsense. If the boy had ability he'd be playing at a higher level, like he had the chance to. Compare him to Wullie McLaren. An oft pilloried Airdrie player who had talent like McAleer and proved it at a higher level, despite being a tit. 

This clamor for Coogans also gives me the fear.

As usual, your opinion is nonsense. If the boy had ability he'd be playing at a higher level, like he had the chance to. Compare him to Wullie McLaren. An oft pilloried Airdrie player who had talent like McAleer and proved it at a higher level, despite being a tit. 

This clamor for Coogans also gives me the fear.

Yeah good on you just write a player off. The boy showed in his first spell with the club he was a good footballer ( or for record are you saying he wasn't) somewhere along the line his form has dropped and he has dropped out of favour he is still young and have he can get back to form he had in his first spell with us he is more than capable at this level . Coogans i thought looked promising but with a lot to learn but he may have learned more when he was away and I am willing to give Coogans a chance. I just hope you have patience because the squad is going to be full of young players and with that comes inconsistency.

McAleer on Twitter confirming he's gone.

A signing I didn't really understand. Couldn't get a game for East Fife, moves up a division and guess what?

Seemed bizarre at the time given he'd dropped a league and didnt seem to enjoy. Bear in mind that he'd gone from f/t to being a p/t and student maybe he was just unsettled.

I thought McAleer (and Morton) was a victim of circumstances last season. Both signed when Bollan was doing his thing. Where it gets tin foil hat-ish for me is that IMO Bollan had the trio of Love players forced on him and a few players seemed to be frozen out. Seemingly Bollan was forced to play Cadden too.

I thought McAleer did well when he played. IIRC we won 3 and drew 1 of his 5 starts this season.

Just another barmy victim of this season that didnt work out too well.

Coogans is another matter. I dont see him as the 2nd coming or anything but he's a youngster I'd rather gamble on as he has the potential to be a star. If we're taking in Academy retreads then he fits that profile. The circumstances here 2 years ago and the club's desperation to get money for him, and his desperation to get away from that situation, screwed him up. Can only imagine the player he'd be if he'd had 2 years of playing beside Lister. He stays near training now, he's mad keen and focussed after 2 stagnant years. He knows the way to goal, he just needs to be in a situation he's wanted and played.

He's still only 19 too.

Archived