Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just catching up with this thread after a brutal week in the West Midlands.

First, the 'improved offer to Watt'. What the absolute f**k? The club have previously made him an offer, if they're to be believed, hung the lad out to dry after a public dressing down where he's been described as a bad influence. He's then shipped out to Brechin where he'd have been far more useful in helping getting us to the playoffs. Now we're expected to believe that all has been forgiven and he'll return? 

This strikes me as utter bullshit from the club. I don't believe for one second that he was offered a contract (no-one else was at the time) and the club have seen the compo rules and offered him something late on in order to cash in. I don't mind the club cashing in, in fact I positively encourage it. Why weren't the club straight on this though? 

Secondly, we'll have no over 26 players.....apart from Faria.........oh, and Crighton....maybe Lithgow....and Marc Fitzpatrick. What is going on here? Lithgow and Crighton were at the heart of a pretty poor defence. Fitzpatrick was that good a defensive midfielder that we had to bring in Uncle Albert to 'help him out'.

I just don't get it at all. Surely I'm not the only one here?!?

Rumour has it we are signing Nicky Cadden, any good or ?

Yes. He's good. Young lad, composed on the ball and skillful. Would think Airdrie would have offered him a deal so Livvy will be paying out, which seems doubtful.

Was thinking I was the only one.

u, him, me, recruitment team. Does anybody get it? No over 26s(?). Liam watt is a bad influence get him away from the club(nope ,offer him improved contract). No part time(?). Now when are the club going to try to tempt us back when we hear absolutely nothing. What's going on? Make us want to buy a season ticket and get things moving and be upfront and honest. There are other stupid things most supporters not getting told so clean slate now and get things going. Give us something please

Thoughts on Chris O'Neill guys?

I liked him - he's a a pretty solid, reliable RB at this level.

He came in and out of our team over the past 4 seasons, but was never able to really hold down his place for very long.

He's pretty decent in a tackle and tries to get forward where possible, but his positional sense lacks at times. He is still young though and may well develop further with regular game time.

I'd have been content if we'd kept him, but wouldn't lose sleep over his departure. He should certainly do a job for you though, good luck to him!

Thoughts on Chris O'Neill guys?

Divided opinion more than anything, in his breakthrough season we say a tough tackling hungry young full back with bags of potential, but injuries hampered him. I must admit to being in the "liked him" camp.

He'll Defo do a turn in this league with a run of games, my opinion, a good signing.

If the players signed up by other teams are the top of pile, they're welcome to them. Can't think of anyone snapped up elsewhere who would have us challenging at the top of the table. Players are being spoken to, let's just wait and see who we get.

If we are aiming at young players to be released by Premier clubs most of them won't be released yet. I'm sure things are happening. What annoys me is that Airdrie have moved from a club with good communication with fans to one with no communication. I know that they can't give us specific details of individual negotiations but some sort of general statement would be better than silence.

If we are aiming at young players to be released by Premier clubs most of them won't be released yet. I'm sure things are happening. What annoys me is that Airdrie have moved from a club with good communication with fans to one with no communication. I know that they can't give us specific details of individual negotiations but some sort of general statement would be better than silence.

I still don't think they ever announced the likes of Bain etc leaving - that's just basics. Unless I've just missed it...

Archived