Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

15 hours ago, DiamondD said:

519 posts from yourself and i bet they are all as useful as that one.  Numpty!  I will bring news to shock you all....one day

Haha yes well 2 posts form you and you are claiming to be ITK, not seen anyone create a new account to be ITK for a wee while now, are you Iain King in disguise? Or maybe even Kevin McBride? Or perhaps former midfield enforcer Faria?

If you do however provide useful information in the near future I do reserve the right to retract all negative comments made :P

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, WeeDiamond90 said:

Haha yes well 2 posts form you and you are claiming to be ITK, not seen anyone create a new account to be ITK for a wee while now, are you Iain King in disguise? Or maybe even Kevin McBride? Or perhaps former midfield enforcer Faria?

If you do however provide useful information in the near future I do reserve the right to retract all negative comments made :P

Just as we thought things had calmed down on here we have another new noisy poster.

Wonder if it'll be another one of Copper/diamondatheart or Diamond65/onlythelonely1 incarnation

2 minutes ago, DiamondD said:

ah no that is not shocking news - just curious as they are using the face of a guy who relentlessly campaigned against cancer so surely any profits from the huge increase in sales would simply be donated to that very cause?

So, do you know the answer to your question? 

I am not aware that Airdrieonians (or indeed any football club) have any obligation to donate any income from shirt sales to charities. Marks face is being displayed as a mark of esteem for a lifelong Diamond who did incredible things whilst being faced with a nightmare scenario. As has been shown it has raised awareness not only of the disease but of two valuable institutions and for the AMAZINGLY selfless work that the guy did following his diagnoses.

Amazing that someone actually has the gall to knock it.

Crawl back from where you came from, troll!

♢♢♢

I doubt the match will be called off.

DiamondD Post - From what he has posted is suggesting money from the increase in sales should go towards charity.

Advertiser - Had a good article in which stated Marks family have expressed how happy Mark would have been to have his picture on the top. The advertiser also expressed the awareness it would raise.

As a fan the suggestion that some money of the sales should go towards charity in itself would be a nice touch from the club.

2 hours ago, DiamondD said:

eh where the hell do i knock it??? 

Your "question" was a thinly veiled and pretty snidey insinuation that the club are using a cancer victim in order to cash in with shirts. Your feigned diplomacy which followed was as transparent as water.

But waysider is right, twats like you should just be ignored.

He or she is a new poster (at least under that name). My view is that the first few posts are attempting to stir things up and in fact they have achieved that. However, if you have a contrary view you're as entitled to your view as much as I am to mine.

Before this grows arms and legs, and ruins what has been an amazing thing for everyone, the charities will get something from strip sales. Exact figure haven't been discussed...for the very reason that no-one expected this to go as crazy as it has been and all the time has been spent trying to keep on top of over 300 individual enquiries. 

No problem with the question being asked. It will be handled correctly though and would like to think that people would expect it to be.

Long day - off to bed.

30 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I don't agree the club are exploiting it, I think it's a tremendous gesture towards an airdrie legend and great to see him recognised. But I think the questions he asks and if he interprets it differently then he's perfectly entitled to do so.

you have pm about your strip enquiry...

Archived