Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Monday, NHS Lanarkshire will be giving out leaflets to all fans about the dangers of smoking and offering advice on giving up. They will also have a table at the top of the stairwell in the home end asking people to fill in a short questionaire, and telling people about their free drop in clinic.

In advance of that, they are asking people to fill in a short survey in, WHETHER YOU SMOKE OR NOT, on the club website.

Can I please ask that you take 30 secs out on this dull Wednesday night to do so.

NHS have budgets to spend on advertising for campaigns like this, and a football club like ourselves offers one of the best vehicles to do so. The more we can support it, the more they will want to use us again in the future, which means more cash for the club.

Will only take 30 secs of your time. Please click on the banner on the home page.

www.airdriefc.com

Completed it but I draw the line at starting smoking so they can help me to give up.

On 29/12/2016 at 16:40, Evil Jim Fenner said:

On Monday, NHS Lanarkshire will be giving out leaflets to all fans about the dangers of smoking and offering advice on giving up. They will also have a table at the top of the stairwell in the home end asking people to fill in a short questionaire, and telling people about their free drop in clinic.

In advance of that, they are asking people to fill in a short survey in, WHETHER YOU SMOKE OR NOT, on the club website.

Can I please ask that you take 30 secs out on this dull Wednesday night to do so.

NHS have budgets to spend on advertising for campaigns like this, and a football club like ourselves offers one of the best vehicles to do so. The more we can support it, the more they will want to use us again in the future, which means more cash for the club.

Will only take 30 secs of your time. Please click on the banner on the home page.

www.airdriefc.com

The leaflets make a good roach if you smoke rollies.  

8 hours ago, Diamond8 said:

Does he own the horse agarki ?

I've never heard of that one.    

I've been told by 3 different folk outside the club, the latest on Monday past in the bookies when i was putting a line on by a fellow diamond who has shares in horses down south and seemingly knows a football agent down there who is connected to the player we're getting on loan.  

I looked up the name and he's connected to some of our players on tweeter.   

Seems genuine.

From what i heard the boy thats coming on loan apparently is Jack Mckay Leeds Utd under21. Dont know much of him but i think hes scottish. 

That would be this laddie then, son of football agent Willie.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12028/9527537/sky-sports-scout-reports-on-young-forward-jack-mckay

I'm going to say it I believe with a couple of new players were going to win the league.

I wouldn't swap Ferguson Gorman Conroy and Ryan with any of the Livingston players.

We are just 2 players short of a team that's more capable of winning the title and I believe their will be a few more additions and I don't se Livingston getting any stronger where as we will get stronger.

I'm going to say it I believe with a couple of new players were going to win the league.
I wouldn't swap Ferguson Gorman Conroy and Ryan with any of the Livingston players.
We are just 2 players short of a team that's more capable of winning the title and I believe their will be a few more additions and I don't se Livingston getting any stronger where as we will get stronger.

Maybe three players and I might just agree with you.

Our points per game record against the teams from 3rd-10th is better than Livi's. Given that, and the fact that we can hopefully add a couple of players to the squad, you could begin to make an argument that we could challenge them. Unfortunately there is a glaring fact which is that any time we face Livi it looks like men against boys, which kind of destroys any notion we could challenge. If we lose the remaining two games against Livi we would need to win virtually every game from now until the end of the season against everyone else.

There must be a problem with Livi's attitude against some of the teams, I don't understand how a side who look so much better than us when we play them have got a worse record against the rest of the league than we do. They have a far better squad than everyone else, but regardless the league is competitive enough that if you're not up for every game you are going to lose, no matter who you play. From the outside it seems that since beating us a few weeks ago they've switched off due to being so far ahead. I'd expect them to get the finger out in the next few games and pull away again.

Think some of us need to calm down a wee bit.

A few weeks ago we were turned over 5-0 by Stenhouse-fucking-muir. Too often, when we're put under pressure, some players disappear, like when we've played Livvy we've been easybeats every time. For me, there's still a bit of work to do. Not convinced by the backline at all, as evidenced by the few clean sheets we've managed. The midfielders can be very tidy players when on song - I've not seen Hutton yet - but I think we still need an experienced midfielder who can break down attacks and let the rest do the nice stuff.

Andy Ryan is obviously PotY. Russell I'm less convinced about. I'd rather we'd another striker alongside Ryan as our reliance on the young lad is bordering on embarrassing. I'd say four decent signings could have us challenging but I still worry about the mentality.

Archived