Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand everybody's frustration, but how do we know this signing won't be any good, I know he's not the experienced signing everybody was hoping for. And yes previous signings from Hamilton haven't been great, we can only judge him on his performances on the park. We don't know if other targets wanted more money than we could afford. Got to make the best of the situation. Just my opinion

Another young defender. Not exactly what we were looking for but he could turn out to be another Liam Lindsay. As has been said Wilson states it's unfair to throw our youngsters in but signs one on loan. Like Mensing I will give the boy a chance before writing him off. This might free up McIntosh to play right back / wingback and play Stewart further forward?

Just now, Hugh Jarss said:

Another young defender. Not exactly what we were looking for but he could turn out to be another Liam Lindsay. As has been said Wilson states it's unfair to throw our youngsters in but signs one on loan. Like Mensing I will give the boy a chance before writing him off. This might free up McIntosh to play right back / wingback and play Stewart further forward?

Perfect

I can understand everybody's frustration, but how do we know this signing won't be any good, I know he's not the experienced signing everybody was hoping for. And yes previous signings from Hamilton haven't been great, we can only judge him on his performances on the park. We don't know if other targets wanted more money than we could afford. Got to make the best of the situation. Just my opinion

Because posts like this have been telling the rest of us we're wrong all bloody season. We've not been. This won't be any different. Just my opinion.

Because posts like this have been telling the rest of us we're wrong all bloody season. We've not been. This won't be any different. Just my opinion.

I'm not telling anybody there wrong far from it , just trying to be objective

Yes it is your opinion but nobody has a crystal ball to see into the future, chances are the signing might not work out on the other hand as a previous post said the lads got the same experience as Liam Lindsey and look how good he turned out to be, was there the same outrage then, don't think there was.

Carluke diamond. You're in danger of being referred to as a happy clapper. There's no sympathy for trying to be objective on here.

I'm as sceptical as everyone else, would have preferred an experienced signing, but we've got to give the boy a chance. Far from being a happy clapper

Unbelievable! The Accies connection again. Like Sumsky, like Scullion, this boy clearly has no future at Accies. Given their track record with the youth, if he was good enough he would be in their first team. Although League 1 could be his level, I am very sceptical. Our young defenders can't be up to much. If that's the case, what's the point if they've no future? If I wasn't disillusioned before, I certainly am now!

If you do your home work you'll see that McGregor was in the first team at the beginning of the season, he played in 3 cup games, won all and scored. He picked up an ankle injurie after those games and was out for 4 months, that's why he wasn't playing for their  first team .He also spent second half of last season at berwick on loan from Hibs when he was 18, his record there was played 16 won 8 drew 5 lost 3 , 8 clean sheets and 2 goals, berwicks manager still mentions him in interviews on how they need a Jordan McGregor at the back. So think you should wait and see how he does before you criticise .

If you do your home work you'll see that McGregor was in the first team at the beginning of the season, he played in 3 cup games, won all and scored. He picked up an ankle injurie after those games and was out for 4 months, that's why he wasn't playing for their  first team .He also spent second half of last season at berwick on loan from Hibs when he was 18, his record there was played 16 won 8 drew 5 lost 3 , 8 clean sheets and 2 goals, berwicks manager still mentions him in interviews on how they need a Jordan McGregor at the back. So think you should wait and see how he does before you criticise .

Are you his maw?

12 minutes ago, #GSC said:

I had just saw the same info (except the injury) and was going to post this.

Welcome to Airdrie.    Previously we had the utterly useless Nico Sumsky and a nice young kid called Conor Scullion from Accies who I think could become a really good player but was 2 years away from being 1st team ready.    

We're a bit shellshocked as our club has been a mess lately and have a seemingly clueless manager.

Hopefully your boy will do well.

9 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Are you his maw?

I'm with you on that one.    

28 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Aye - not my most insightful post. However, yeah we're all a bit battered at the moment and genuinely hope he comes in and does well. Particularly if he's struggled a bit with injury.

I'm still just having flashbacks to our other loanees from Accies.

Not all things are predictive.   All 6 of #GSC's posts were about our new loanee.  The first four started with the word "Think" but the last 2 didn't.   

On another positive note it could literally mean curtains for BoDiddy. 

Saturday's team?

Rohan

McGregor Mensing Gorman

McIntosh Hutton Conroy McDonald

Stewart Ryan and (Russell/Brown/McKay)

Archived