Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We've broke even the last two or three seasons, try again. Not even the highest budget in this league atm either :D 

You realise breaking even in a league with 2/3 of the highest profile teams in Scotland in the same league as you isn't exactly financially sound.

I'm one of the first to moan about manager & GD but everyone knows the worst part of team was Bo & Gorman, so he's went and signed two replacements in Mensing & McGregor. Can't be any worse than they two. 

Maybe Gorman could play LB ??

Mensing is an organiser so maybe the thinking is that McGregor will be his legs for anything in behind.

I say well done to MW for getting new guys in as can't imagine the purse strings have been loosened.

I'm one of the first to moan about manager & GD but everyone knows the worst part of team was Bo & Gorman, so he's went and signed two replacements in Mensing & McGregor. Can't be any worse than they two. 
Maybe Gorman could play LB ??
Mensing is an organiser so maybe the thinking is that McGregor will be his legs for anything in behind.
I say well done to MW for getting new guys in as can't imagine the purse strings have been loosened.

It will be 3 at the back with 2 wing backs and the 3 in midfield and 2 up top

4 hours ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

I don't care what you Jim Ballantyne never ever paid a fee for any player it was either a free transfer/loan or you didn't play for us n he's one of the
Many reasons we've dropped this low

So what clubs in Scotland outside the premier and possibly Hibs and Dundee United have paid transfer fees in recent years?

The wee rovers got a fee for Mullin (after Livi got a fee for Hippolyte) this time last year did they not? It's not common at this level and it won't be big bucks, but they do happen occasionally. 

I'd always thought we paid a fee for Baird, but expect it was next to nothing. 

Not sure on this but it was either a nominal fee or it went to a tribunal. But a fee was definitely paid

But at the end of the day why are we debating if we paid money for a player who played 2009-2010 season

1 hour ago, TheBuckfastTriangle said:

The wee rovers got a fee for Mullin (after Livi got a fee for Hippolyte) this time last year did they not?

It's not common at this level and it won't be big bucks, but they do happen occasionally. 

I'd always thought we paid a fee for Baird, but expect it was next to nothing. 

I've not read through the thread to see what this is all about but for clarification...We got about 10k for Hippolyte and paid about half that to Albion for Mullin plus they got one of our duds on loan for the rest of the season to sweeten the deal. 

But at the end of the day why are we debating if we paid money for a player who played 2009-2010 season

I was just wondering, since it was deadline day, who the last player we bought (paid money to another club) was. I thought it would have been as far back as McDonalds time in charge.

Archived