Summer Transfer Window

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Ayr United out: Gerry McLauchlan (Cowdenbeath), Adam Hodge (Hurlford), Kieran Woods (Cumnock), Shaun Newman (Irvine Meadow), Andrew Muir (Cumnock), Jordan Preston (Blackburn, loan expired(Released/Guisley)), Ross McCrorie (Rangers, loan expired), Andy Graham (Alloa Athletic), Alan Trouten (Brechin City), Ryan Stevenson (Dumbarton), Ryan Nisbet (Troon), Sean McKenzie (Cumnock), Craig McCracken  (Released)

There is Ayr in full.

Update. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any games McKeown played for Cowden were purely for fitness. If he'd stayed in Scotland I think he'd have found his way to a lower end Premiership club. St Johnstone were watching him at the end of last season.

No they weren't. Tommy Wright was at a game at Starks last year watching Blair Alston and Luke Leahy. People just presumed he was watching Mckeown.

He's on a 'non-contract terms' deal at Accrington Stanley :lol:

Anybody who thinks that's even a half decent move for him are kidding themselves :lol:

He had been offered a deal but he thought he was better than he was so he held off for a better deal and it never came despite being on trial at a few clubs down south..

We then signed Mchattie. With Coustrain able to play LB as well, there was no space for Mckeown after that.

Fairly sure he had always indicated that he wanted to leave Scotland, nothing to do with thinking he was better than us.

5 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

How long did you have that typed into the box waiting to post it? ;)

You know I actually had the update for his and the DFC Wikipedia pages ready at 8 tonight :lol: Naebdy beats me to the Wikipedia updates!

Anyway, using the op of this thread I've written a, slightly longer than expected, thing about club's summer signings.

Plz disagree and spot errors for meh here Clicky

I can't believe you haven't even mentioned how important Declan McManus will be for us this year to be honest :lol:

His work rate on and off the ball looks to be incredible.

The partnership of him and Lewis Vaughan will go along way in determining how this season will go..

4 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I can't believe you haven't even mentioned how important Declan McManus will be for us this year to be honest :lol:

His work rate on and off the ball looks to be incredible.

The partnership of him and Lewis Vaughan will go along way in determining how this season will go..

To be honest I got bored part way through the Raith one and just tried to prevent it becoming a 500 word epic on its own :lol:

To be honest I got bored part way through the Raith one and just tried to prevent it becoming a 500 word epic on its own :lol:

Fair enough. It has been a major over-haul for us this season which normally happens with a new manager. Hopefully this will be a relatively unchanged side for a few years now, unless we end up, overcoming a miracle and find ourselves in the top league.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Anyway, using the op of this thread I've written a, slightly longer than expected, thing about club's summer signings.

Plz disagree and spot errors for meh here Clicky

Some minor statistical corrections, good piece though:

NIcky Clark scored 41 goals for us when he played for Allan Johnston previously (not sure with info to hand how many games he played). Your stats are missing some results clearly.

Dobbie only has 3 starts for his 4 goals (although one of the goals was as a scoring sub at Easter Road. He scored 55 goals for us in 89 starts (+ 15 sub apps) in his first spell. Again not sure where your stats have come from.

Dobbie is a class apart but I don't think we're remotely a one man team and we had progressed through the Betfred Cup group stage before he arrived and got a draw at Tannadice without him playing any significant part (late sub three days after signing). He takes us up a level but the idea that we were relegation candidates without him is a nonsense (IMO).

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Some minor statistical corrections, good piece though:

NIcky Clark scored 41 goals for us when he played for Allan Johnston previously (not sure with info to hand how many games he played). Your stats are missing some results clearly.

Dobbie only has 3 starts for his 4 goals (although one of the goals was as a scoring sub at Easter Road. He scored 55 goals for us in 89 starts (+ 15 sub apps) in his first spell. Again not sure where your stats have come from.

Dobbie is a class apart but I don't think we're remotely a one man team and we had progressed through the Betfred Cup group stage before he arrived and got a draw at Tannadice without him playing any significant part (late sub three days after signing). He takes us up a level but the idea that we were relegation candidates without him is a nonsense (IMO).

I just got all the info from Soccerbase on Clark, but I'll trust your far superior knowledge of all things stats! Same with Dobbie but in my excitement misread his page. On the relegation chat I really thought Queens would struggle. You weren't great last year and, without Russell and his goals against us, and Lyle getting a bit older I thought (maybe akin to Morton) a lack of goals would hurt. But King Dobbie has rectified that problem and I doubt you'll be anywhere near the bottom 3 or 4 places.

24 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I just got all the info from Soccerbase on Clark, but I'll trust your far superior knowledge of all things stats! Same with Dobbie but in my excitement misread his page. On the relegation chat I really thought Queens would struggle. You weren't great last year and, without Russell and his goals against us, and Lyle getting a bit older I thought (maybe akin to Morton) a lack of goals would hurt. But King Dobbie has rectified that problem and I doubt you'll be anywhere near the bottom 3 or 4 places.

Yeah, I appreciate the struggle thing is and always will be about opinions. We tailed off a bit last year but were never in any real danger though and had made improvements even without Dobbie. It was the "one man team" thing I was taking issue with rather than the actual assessment of where we'd finish (personally I thought 5th - 8th somewhere pre Dobbie, genuine playoff candidates now).

Soccerbase regularly misses games, Challenge Cup ones in particular. Also Scottish Cup ties against non league opposition seems to give their database a problem so they ignore them. Our 2-0 win over Edinburgh City in the Scottish Cup is definitely missing from the Clark season. He scored in that one. It'll also be missing some early round Ramsdens Cup ties I expect. (Having checked it's missing a 1-0 win at yourselves in the first round (Clark scored), and our 2-2 draw at Ibrox from the Q-F (we won on penalties, Clark scored in that game too). It will be 41 in 46 games that season then.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

You're missing one Morton signing: Jamie McDonagh, forward from Sheffield United who joined in July. Though he's already the fifth choice for a place up front so it'll be no surprise to see him gone in January.

5th choice? I thought Morton only had 2/3 forwards in their squad.

Ayr have confirmed the signing of Conrad Balotoni. Good bit of business that, in an area we are struggling too

Summer Transfer window shut on Wednesday.
Craig McCracken has went to Auchinleck and Sean McKenzie is on a dual contract with Cumnock, won't be a first tam player, but will still be with the club/under 20s this season.

See Above.

Archived