The 3rd Chapter. (Accies 2016/2017 Thread)

I know he's got a bit of a reputation of being a w**k but surely Kallum Higginbotham could've done a job for us or another bottom six team? Good pick up from Dunfermline I think.

This.

The defence is a riot, we need to hope that Greek boy is a superstar and we'd still need a CB and a RB on top of that, McGregor isn't good enough and gills isn't a RB. Kurakins is still the worst LB in the league, maybe the world.

We still need a striker as Longridge upfront is embarrassing when D'Acol isn't playing. Infact Longridge even getting a game is embarrassing.

Can't get my head round Kurakins getting money to play football

6 months suggests it's just a punt and the connection with Jason makes me think it's just a favour to get him some work and cash to move to Scotland and be a good step dad.

43 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Could turn out to the next Jason Scotland, or the next Oumar Diaby. Hopefully not the latter, Willing to let this one slide given he'll behind Brophy and D'Acol. We still need a proper right back to release Gills into midfield, Another Centre Back and a replacement for Kurakins.

Don't think a right back looks like a priority given the amount of midfielders we have seems like that's where we squash gills in 

Given Sunday league Daz is a terrible footballer. Getting gills back into his role seems essential to me.

He's also the only guy at the club who can win a tackle. He's far from the most skilful, but we look like a significantly worse team when MacKinnon isn't in the side. We absolutely need him in the team.

I can never decide if we need someone with a bit of bite like MacKinnon in the team or whether he's just a liability.

One think I do agree on is Gillespie should not be playing in defence but it's clear that Canning will insist on persevering with him in that role.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I can never decide if we need someone with a bit of bite like MacKinnon in the team or whether he's just a liability.

One think I do agree on is Gillespie should not be playing in defence but it's clear that Canning will insist on persevering with him in that role.

Do you think gills will move when Lyon is back but that's another midfielder at fullback 

42 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Do you think gills will move when Lyon is back but that's another midfielder at fullback 

Wild idea, but we could actually go out and buy (as in pay money) for a player who actually, specifically plays as a fullback but that would be far too radical for Accies.

I don't like this feeling of optimism, I feel much more secure being a miserable b*****d when it comes to Accies :lol:

After the Ayr result if you had told any Accies fan we'd go on to top our group in the Betfred Cup and get a draw at Ibrox I think we'd have laughed you away. 

Credit to Canning, not all the performances have been great so far this season but we've got the required results.