The 3rd Chapter. (Accies 2016/2017 Thread)

Strange one regarding Ziggy, and a number of people pointing blame at the club for not trying harder to keep him.

I can't really blame the club, Ziggy made his mind up long before the end of last season he was leaving. What I think has happened, is that he was going for a bigger move, maybe thought he would get a club easily down south, but it hasn't happened and has had to settle with Partick. This is backed up with the fact that he could of signed for Dundee as soon as he left, who I'm sure would pay him a bigger wage than Partick.

The one year deal also suggests that he doesn't want to stay long, and want to move on quickly.

15 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

We still haven't signed a player, yet we don't have a right back, our left back is the worst in the division and we haven't replaced our number 1 goalie. Is the 150 pound season ticket really worth it if you're going to get pumped every week?

Constant negativity! Get behind the team, Canning lead us to safety with the smallest budget in the league last season. He's a good, young manager. In Canzo we trust.

Amid all the hysterics today I must admit I felt nothing but indifference when I heard the news about Ziggy. A great server to the club but certainly not irreplaceable. The main problem is we know we'll just be scraping around for scraps in August whilst most teams will have a settled first team by then.

Amid all the hysterics today I must admit I felt nothing but indifference when I heard the news about Ziggy. A great server to the club but certainly not irreplaceable. The main problem is we know we'll just be scraping around for scraps in August whilst most teams will have a settled first team by then.

I'm more worried about the full-back areas. I'm sure the club are actually trying to bring people in, but based on their signings last year, I'm not too confident.

ETA: We've also not replaced McGovern. If we are just going with Martin, we still need someone as back-up.

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Is it just me that finds it hard to believe the board have just raked in £750k in sponsorship deals.

Not hard to believe in the slightest.

TBF Breslin is pretty highly rated and was due a two year deal at Celtic before Rodgers came in and decided to cut the youth wage bill so he could raise the senior squad wage bill. Not sure he's up to starting straight away though.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF Breslin is pretty highly rated and was due a two year deal at Celtic before Rodgers came in and decided to cut the youth wage bill so he could raise the senior squad wage bill. Not sure he's up to starting straight away though.

He was captain of the Scotland U19's too. Hopefully he's good enough to step in for 1st team duties as cover if needed.

We don't know over how many years and I would think that maybe there may be some accounting benefit if part of the cash is going to the charity associated with the academy? and potentially some to other community work?