The 3rd Chapter. (Accies 2016/2017 Thread)

I thought Matthews was decent, nowhere near McGovern or Cerny but I think with a decent defence in front of him he'd be fine. Our main issue seems to be that our scouting network is atrocious. All we seem to get is foreign duds and the scraps off Alex Neil's table. Plenty of talent on the lower leagues but  we're not willing to look.

• 4 weeks later...

Game vs Hearts moved from Sat 19th Nov to Mon 21st Nov

Apparently the M74 being closed coming from Glasgow & Motherwell being at home the same day against a team actually from Glasgow in Thistle means Hearts would have problems getting to NDP!

Joke decision.

On 11/2/2016 at 23:08, Scotty Tunbridge said:

if youre looking to give up hospitality ill be happy to go in your place.

Scotty, I guess a lot of folk cancelled the hospitality as they are offering 100 season ticket holders a free 2 course meal before the game.

Didn't think Bingham did too badly on Saturday. He should have had a shot just before he was hooked but didn't do much else wrong. He won a lot of high balls and we were a lot worse after he and Kurtaj went off.

Docherty and Brophy start for Scotland Under 21's today.

Bingham's touch for his chance in the first half was exceptional. Like every player, he needs a chance. D'Acol wasn't able to do much with just the odd sub appearance and now he's been given a run in the team, we can see that he looks like a decent player. Two or three starts isn't enough to judge anyone. Surprised we've given him another season so soon but they must think he deserves it.

Happy enough about Donati but he'll be some age in 2019, so it does look like a coaching position may be in the pipeline.

No surprise about Donati, when it came out that he definitely wasn't signing, then a week later he was holding up the shirt, it was obvious he was offered a bigger part at the club.

I'm still undecided on Bingham, so far I haven't been impressed, but I still think he needs more time.

Also, what about Sowah, a player that has been good in every game he's played. only signed till January, surely he'll be getting an extension soon.

I've got to ask this because I've been thinking it for the last 2 seasons. Why is it that Hamilton always seem to sign these random foreign players no one has heard of and from clubs that again no one has heard of? Is it Cannings strategy to expand into foreign markets, is it because they demand less wage, is he hoping to find a hidden gem? I honestly personally have no idea?

Edited by RedAndYellow

I've got to ask this because I've been thinking it for the last 2 seasons. Why is it that Hamilton always seem to sign these random foreign players no one has heard of and from clubs that again no one has heard of? Is it Cannings strategy to expand into foreign markets, is it because they decade less wage, is he hoping to find a hidden gem? I honestly personally have no idea?

Canning doesn't sign the players. They're signed because they're cheap, pretty much always come through the same agent, and probably some Big Sam-esque shite going on.

11 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Canning doesn't sign the players. They're signed because they're cheap, pretty much always come through the same agent, and probably some Big Sam-esque shite going on.

I've got a mate who's a Hamilton fan and he said that your scouting system is pretty diabolical but he didn't think that it was the reason for so many random foreign signings  

3 hours ago, RedAndYellow said:

Why is it that Hamilton always seem to sign these random foreign players no one has heard of and from clubs that again no one has heard of? Is it Cannings strategy to expand into foreign markets, is it because they demand less wage, is he hoping to find a hidden gem? I honestly personally have no idea?

It's called the throw enough shite at the wall policy.