Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good news.....

Ownership

“Cowdenbeath FC is pleased to announce that Club Chairman, Donald Findlay QC has purchased the majority shareholding in the Club from Innovate (Cowdenbeath) Ltd.

A spokesman for Innovate said -

'Innovate (Cowdenbeath) Ltd is happy to announce the sale of it’s majority shareholding in Cowdenbeath Football Club Ltd to Donald Findlay QC. Mr Findlay, a son of Cowdenbeath, will hold the shares in trust until a new not-for-profit structure is agreed by the board of directors of the football club company. Shares will then be redistributed to the local community as part of an ongoing equity fundraising campaign to secure the future of the ‘Blue Brazil’.

Innovate (Cowdenbeath) Ltd will retain ownership of Central Park Stadium and maintain it’s existing landlord-tenant relationship with Cowdenbeath Football Club and a medium-term lease is agreed. The stock car business will also remain in place.’

Commenting, Mr. Findlay said - 

‘Relegation has been a considerable blow to the ambitions I have for the Club. We require to rebuild and my acquisition of the majority shareholding is an important first step. I am very grateful to Alex Brewster and his family making this possible. I am proud and humbled to be the principal shareholder of my home town football club. I seek no personal gain. I have deep affection for the Club and my home town and I will hold the shares only for the benefit of both and I am confident that, together, we can take the Blue Brazil back to the Championship. The future of the Club at Central Park is secure. However, there is work to be done. Let’s make a start’ "

The good news.....

Ownership

“Cowdenbeath FC is pleased to announce that Club Chairman, Donald Findlay QC has purchased the majority shareholding in the Club from Innovate (Cowdenbeath) Ltd.

'Innovate (Cowdenbeath) Ltd is happy to announce the sale of it’s majority shareholding in Cowdenbeath Football Club Ltd to Donald Findlay QC. Mr Findlay, a son of Cowdenbeath, will hold the shares in trust until a new not-for-profit structure is agreed by the board of directors of the football club company. Shares will then be redistributed to the local community as part of an ongoing equity fundraising campaign to secure the future of the ‘Blue Brazil’.

Innovate (Cowdenbeath) Ltd will retain ownership of Central Park Stadium and maintain it’s existing landlord-tenant relationship with Cowdenbeath Football Club and a medium-term lease is agreed. The stock car business will also remain in place.’

‘Relegation has been a considerable blow to the ambitions I have for the Club. We require to rebuild and my acquisition of the majority shareholding is an important first step. I am very grateful to Alex Brewster and his family making this possible. I am proud and humbled to be the principal shareholder of my home town football club. I seek no personal gain. I have deep affection for the Club and my home town and I will hold the shares only for the benefit of both and I am confident that, together, we can take the Blue Brazil back to the Championship. The future of the Club at Central Park is secure. However, there is work to be done. Let’s make a start’ "

Excellent news :)

The good news.....

Ownership

That's cracking news.

How long is the medium term lease?

Good that this is now in the public domain, been murder having sitting on it since the AGM.

Agree Andy have been biting my tongue  the past couple of weeks. Really good news we now need to get the community behind their club.

Excellent news - Makes the long term future of the club safe.  Whilst Central Park is the medium term option if it came to it then the club can now choose where it wants to go if it needed to.  If you had said to me at the start of the season you can get promoted but still be owned by the Brewsters or you can get relegated but the Brewsters will sell/handover the club to someone who wants it then I'd pick relegation without a second thought.

There couldnt' be any better news than this.

This was the "better news" I was on about. Wee hold-up in timing of public release, but great news. Donald is a superb chairman with a love for his home town. He's Scotland's finest defence counsel, yet he has put hours and hours into his work for Cowdenbeath FC, without fee. I'm glad for Donald's sake that he has made a bit of a breakthrough after a lot of patient negotiation. There's still a way to go in finally securing the future of Cowdenbeath FC, but this takes us in the right direction.

This will give everybody at Central Park a big lift. There's a wee bit of additional good news to come, as well.

All we need now is the appointment of a decent manager who can get on with the task. I hope the process doesn't take too long. Whoever is appointed, we should rally behind him and the board.

The good news.....

Ownership

That isn't good news, that's great news. Can't believe it. What a chairman we have, so, so, lucky. It's better than a promotion.

This was the "better news" I was on about. Wee hold-up in timing of public release, but great news. Donald is a superb chairman with a love for his home town. He's Scotland's finest defence counsel, yet he has put hours and hours into his work for Cowdenbeath FC, without fee. I'm glad for Donald's sake that he has made a bit of a breakthrough after a lot of patient negotiation. There's still a way to go in finally securing the future of Cowdenbeath FC, but this takes us in the right direction.

This will give everybody at Central Park a big lift. There's a wee bit of additional good news to come, as well.

All we need now is the appointment of a decent manager who can get on with the task. I hope the process doesn't take too long. Whoever is appointed, we should rally behind him and the board.

Whit ? 

Archived