Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

I disagree perhaps a couple of years ago I would agree but you only have to look at this article back in February.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jimmy-calderwood-cant-understand-cant-7404088

He's a man who is desperate for someone to give him a chance and perhaps he would sacrifice the wage cut to get himself out there doing something he enjoys and if he won the league he may get back in the big time or may just settle at this level

He has had enough chances.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Brown :lol:

Anyone who wants to know how brutal a manager and how much of a c**t he is should listen to Alan Troutens interview on the tell him he's Pele podcast.

I thought Mark Bradley was going to progress as a manager. Started off well at Linlithgow Rose, but then hit a bad run of results. Think he left them in 2014. Is he still out of the game? Great player for Cowden.

The delusion in this topic is quite incredible, and is perfect example as to why I can't wait for Cowden to return to the cesspit that is League 2.

WE'VE GOAT NAE BUDGET BUT I RECKIN WE CUD GET LIAM BUCHANAN AND JOSE MOURINHO LOL

Just give it to that useless c**t Dair and sign your usual shite - Coult included, can't wait to see him "PLAY 4 DA SHURT"

I think Danny Lennon would be a great choice if we could him back

He's the type of guy we need, not only to get team sorted on park but to get back out into the businesses and community like he did in the past.

Good shout Vince but Ron reckons no way would the chairman appoint him.Is there history between the two.

That's what I liked about Danny not just putting out a proud team on the park but also getting out into the community which is vital for our club.

Good shout Vince but Ron reckons no way would the chairman appoint him.Is there history between the two.

That's what I liked about Danny not just putting out a proud team on the park but also getting out into the community which is vital for our club.

Yes, 316. I'm led to believe Donald wasn't too thrilled about the way in which DL took his leave of the club.

Yes, 316. I'm led to believe Donald wasn't too thrilled about the way in which DL took his leave of the club.

Heard a rumour years ago when he left the club he had taken expensive equipment used for analysing training to St Mirren with him which belonged to Cowden.

If the chairman doesn't approve if him need someone like him who is prepared to get hie hands dirty at the club,

John Brown :lol:

Anyone who wants to know how brutal a manager and how much of a c**t he is should listen to Alan Troutens interview on the tell him he's Pele podcast.

I do hope we don't go down the tired dinosaur  route - with a manager who is alleged to have lots of "contacts" and brings in some creaking old pals. Turning Central into a dinosaur theme park is the last thing we need at this critical stage.

We need a hungry manager who understands the modern game. If we are to thrive next season, we need to have a team that is fighting fit, and organised on the park by a manager who - like Mixu - gives each player a clear idea of what is expected of him. Let's face it, we were a shambles on the park last season.

In the light of Greig Spence's comments, the new boss also needs to have zero tolerance for slackers. Obviously I'd personally like a bold choice like Jenks, but James Fowler is also a good pro who would set up and organise the team. And what about the Finnish coach at Motherwell who was talked about last time around?

I know our budget was low but I would love to know what sort of budget Albion Rovers, who missed out on the play off by a baw hair after coming up, was - I wouldn't have expected them to have much more than us. Its how and who you spend it on.

Heard a rumour years ago when he left the club he had taken expensive equipment used for analysing training to St Mirren with him which belonged to Cowden.

If the chairman doesn't approve if him need someone like him who is prepared to get hie hands dirty at the club,

I get on fine with Danny. Any friction was due to when Danny left he ended up taking 4 players with him (3 of whom had already agreed to resign), the assistant manager and kitman.

I know our budget was low but I would love to know what sort of budget Albion Rovers, who missed out on the play off by a baw hair after coming up, was - I wouldn't have expected them to have much more than us. Its how and who you spend it on.

Well firstly no-one actually knows what anyone's budget is - you get a feel for things by what wages they are offering. There are many aspects to budgets including investment in youth and how much you invest in coaching and managing staff. Rovers advantage was in having an established side/system that had won a League title in 2015. Cowden though were in a state of major change and transition having lost many key players from what had been for a number of years a fairly stable core group.

I get on fine with Danny. Any friction was due to when Danny left he ended up taking 4 players with him (3 of whom had already agreed to resign), the assistant manager and kitman.

Danny taking our best player Darren McGregor away to St Mirren after having persuaded him to stay on with Cowden was particularly hard to take.

What we want isn't always what we get ,we need a manager with good tactics football knowledge ,with a assistant who can kick arse and instill passion

Why would you decide a manager has got to have these traits while his assistant has to have those specific attributes? Wouldn't you also want someone who had management and coaching skills plus leadership qualities, good communicator, etc

Danny taking our best player Darren McGregor away to St Mirren after having persuaded him to stay on with Cowden was particularly hard to take.

You expected McGregor to go elsewhere, but what was the point of taking the others. I don't think two of them even played for St Mirren.

Can't blame Danny for that really at the time would have been a sore one to take but Danny was entitled to do that.

Think he is the type we need I read an article about him saying he even cut the grass at Cowden! Always remember Jim from Kasseys Kitchen going on about his pal Danny as he was a frequent visitor there.That shows him getting involved with the community

Archived