Aberdeen v Hearts, 12/05/16

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 of us heading up, not confident at all but should be a good trip.

Talking of which, Aberdonians, where's good to go on a Thursday night in town?  We headed along Belmont Street last time we were up so I'm presuming that will be a safe bet, but in terms of clubs what are the options on a Thursday?  We ended up in Institute last time which wasn't too bad.

Generally Nox is the Thurday night in Aberdeen, but Institute will still be decently full.

Nox has better looking girls but more arsheholes.

Institute is open Mon, Wed, Friday. My mate is manager at institute and recommends Milk at Nox on Thursdays.

Another vote for Milk at Nox on Thursday night. End of exams and plenty of student birds out there. Fill your boots Jambos. Just mind and leave the three points at Pittodrie.

I always look forward to our games against Hearts, although this one has considerably less meaning than our four previous matches this season. 

I'm not the sort to criticise McInnes for not giving the youth enough opportunities, but it would be nice to see some of the younger players making an appearance on Thursday - especially Scott Wright, as mentioned above. We're maybe more likely to see them from the bench, and then I would expect more to start against Ross County. 

Given that we've struggled to stamp our authority in midfield against Hearts since the turn of the year, and have ended up losing both games, it wouldn't totally surprise me if Robson were to start. Also possible that Considine could move to left-back and Shinnie would slot into midfield. I'd be content with McGinn being played through the middle if so required. 

I'll go for 2-0 Aberdeen: McGinn and McLean. Hopefully the motivation is there to better last season's points total. 

Getting to this one, which is nice.

Nice end of season game with not much depending on it, would be nice to get a small amount of revenge on Hearts for screwing our season a couple of times. They're not in good form so we've got a good chance.

3-1 Dons, McLean to play well

For some reason, despite being a total dead rubber, I'm looking forward to this one tomorrow. This has the potential to be a cracker despite being a total dead rubber.

Cannot see wholesale changes for this one, due to the more physical nature of Hearts. With Church looking likely to be out, suspect McLean will play up front. McInnes is more likely to push Considine to the left back berth, Reynolds at centre half and Shinnie into midfield. Would rather see Cammy Smith play in behind McLean, if Smith is fit.

Reckon the Famous will win this one 2-1 - McGinn and Hayes, Ozturk for Hearts.

Lots of reasons not to bother tonight. Not much to play for, It's on the TV, I probably won't get home till after 11 and I have work at 5am.

But a well timed announcement about a new stadium and signing a young striker has hooked me in. We'll be going through.

Mon the Dons.

Apparently, Walker is struggling for the night.

Absolutely no reason to risk him.

Nope. With the injury issues he's had this season I'd just tell him to skip Sunday as well and rest up for pre season.

Archived