Motherwell @ Ross County

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-39580-14629895797547_thumb.jpg

Don't see any kind of right back in that team, so ill take a punt on we're playing 3-5-2.

Hall, McManus & Hammell at the back. Cadden & Johnson as wing backs.

Middle three of Lasley, Gomis & Pearson.

Moult & McDonald up top.

I'd have said Cadden would be more likely be RB. He's played there before for 20s no?

Lasley, Gomis and Pearson is possibly the slowest midfield going mind you.

Samson

Cadden Hall McManus Hammell

Lasley Gomis Pearson

Moult McDonald Johnson

Yeah Cadden has played there before, played there a bit when he was on loan at Albion Rovers,  i dont see why we didnt take Luke Watt if Law is injured and Laing doesnt seem to be fully match sharp at the moment from his injury.

Fox

Robertson Quinn Foster

Midge Irvine Murdoch Woods Franks

Schalke Goodwillie

If that's our team then I expect Motherwell to score a few. Goodwillie's equaliser at the weekend meaning he gets to start. A chance for him to earn a contract? Hope he takes it.

I had completely forgotten he was with you lot. Has he been playing? Scoring?

He's started one or two games when he first joined and whilst I wouldn't say he played poorly he was pretty ineffective.

Since then his playing time has been limited to cameos off the bench. He scored his first goal for us on Saturday against Hearts. If he puts in a good performance tonight he may be offered a contract but if not he'll most likely be away.

50 points and 5th place - that'll do and would be acceptable in any season....

Now that the league positions are settled - let's go and out and clog the f**k out of Celtic on Sunday - for a laugh.

We look like a team that's run its race this season, genuinely can't see us picking up anything from our two remaining games.

Never in doubt.

Seriously though, whilst this win might seem 'meaningless' to some, that seals 5th place which is worth an extra 100k for the club compared to 6th so fair play to McGhee and the team for going up there and getting the job done. That's also McGhee now beaten every team in the league since he came back.

A great win and a great way to round off the season to finish 5th and break the 50 point mark. To think some people were sceptical when McGhee took over...

Never in doubt.

Seriously though, whilst this win might seem 'meaningless' to some, that seals 5th place which is worth an extra 100k for the club compared to 6th so fair play to McGhee and the team for going up there and getting the job done. That's also McGhee now beaten every team in the league since he came back.

A great win and a great way to round off the season to finish 5th and break the 50 point mark. To think some people were sceptical when McGhee took over...

Yeah those that did not have a clue basically

Good result. Did not see that coming, so pleasantly surprised. 5th and 50 points. Would have bitten your nether regions for that outcome in mid Feb. Only if you are a girl of course :-)

That first 15/20 minutes was the stuff of absolute nightmares. Irvine is never a centre back and it's quite telling that he'd rather him there than Boyd. Second half we went gung-ho playing 3-4-3 I think it was, but I felt Motherwell could pick us off at any time which they eventually did to make it 1-3. De Vita was qaulity when he came on, shame he couldn't play like that more often.

Overall bit disappointed to get humped at home again, but I couldn't ask for much of a better season.

That opening 15 was really poor. Slow, and Jackson should never be in defence. Second half was a vast improvement, and were pretty unlucky not to equalise. Good to see Boyce back on the scoresheet. Not too fussed about the result though. It's been a fantastic season.

There is a guy on those highlights that shouts "C'mon County" almost as much as McGhee says "you know" in his interviews. You can hear his pal say calm doon Alister at one point as well :lol:

That could have been about 5-5 going by the highlights. Samson looked to have a good game.

Archived