CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Aye like that wont be ANOTHER wind up😂

Glad im an age of being a non twit or tweeter or what ever,Suppose one advantange of been an old fart..

Anyway Good luck to the beast where ever HE chooses his future , He knows it

Twitter is a good way to engage with the players directly 99% is really positive Easton is loving it ðŸ‘

A St.Mirren supporting colleague told me (today) that Dunfermline was once rumoured to be Goodwin's destination. I asked the same colleague about Goodwin's contribution last season. He said he thought Goodwin ought to have featured more often and that his performances in derby matches against Morton were outstanding. In those matches Goodwin was either brought on or started in the middle of the park and had the effect of tipping the scales in St.Mirren's favour. That is, to the extent that he battled very effectively.

I haven't revised my opinion (above) of Goodwin as a consequence of my colleague's anecdotes. In fact, I'm confirmed in it. From what I hear, he's a makeshift centre-half who wouldn't do us a great turn there. However, if I was asked: is Jim Goodwin worth a punt in the middle of the park? I might answer yes, depending on how much of our wage budget he would take up. That said, Derby match performances (alone) ought not to inform Ferguson's thinking; everyone brings their A game into those.

A St.Mirren supporting colleague told me (today) that Dunfermline was once rumoured to be Goodwin's destination. I asked the same colleague about Goodwin's contribution last season. He said he thought Goodwin ought to have featured more often and that his performances in derby matches against Morton were outstanding. In those matches Goodwin was either brought on or started in the middle of the park and had the effect of tipping the scales in St.Mirren's favour. That is, to the extent that he battled very effectively.

I haven't revised my opinion (above) of Goodwin as a consequence of my colleague's anecdotes. In fact, I'm confirmed in it. From what I hear, he's a makeshift centre-half who wouldn't do us a great turn there. However, if I was asked: is Jim Goodwin worth a punt in the middle of the park? I might answer yes, depending on how much of our wage budget he would take up. That said, Derby match performances (alone) ought not to inform Ferguson's thinking; everyone brings their A game into those.

Utter pish, the only barrier to him being a good signing for us would be his disciplinary record. Excellent positional sense, covers a lot of ground and tough in the tackle, a real leader and ball winner in the middle of the park (when the aggression in the tackle is controlled). This is based on seeing the guy play semi-regularly over the last 18 months.

People need to stop fapping over JG.

If he wanted to stay I'm sure he would've signed by now. If he's on the move then good luck to him and thanks for the efforts this season and being a major part of the team. But it won't be the end of the world if he doesn't re-sign...

Can't sign something that hasn't been offered.