CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Well done, David.

Thought Nicki Paterson was from Canada or USA but he's actually Scottish. He only joined us from an American team and is still over there.

Cannot remember the Dutch keeper, at all. Same with Espinola even though, I was almost certainly, at all the games he played for us.

Can't think of anyone else at the moment but would guess there has been somebody from Canada or Australia who has played with us over the years.

Well done, David.

Thought Nicki Paterson was from Canada or USA but he's actually Scottish. He only joined us from an American team and is still over there.

Cannot remember the Dutch keeper, at all. Same with Espinola even though, I was almost certainly, at all the games he played for us.

Can't think of anyone else at the moment but would guess there has been somebody from Canada or Australia who has played with us over the years.

Did the Dutch keeper ever play? Birnstingl only played a friendly.

Did Simon Vickers play a game?

Great stuff David!

Vickers is correct for Canada. Didn't count Birnstingl as he never played a competitive game. Don't even know if the Dutch guy existed. If David W didn't even see him in a friendly then he probably didn't exist.

Didn't include Mikey McGowan as Northern Ireland is part of UK, and he is the same as Kernaghan/Boyle too.

One of the remaining 3 is same era is Vickers. One of the others is a Scottish cup winner too, and the last one is his compatriot.

Doesn't look like the Dutch keeper played for us. Clyde aren't even listed as a team he played for on his Wikipedia page and he was only with us for a month.

Edit - Simon Vickers played 3 or 4 games, apparently.

Edited by Jack Burton

I vaguely remember a player called Mehmet Unal sounds Turkish wasn't he one of the Wimbledon guys?

Didn't play. I actually thought of him yesterday and he was English as well.

I want to say we had a young Irish guy, u19 player? Is that right before I try to remember his name?

Warm.

Yeah, Unal Mehmet was of Turkish descent but born in England and never got off the bench.