CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

I'm still not sure where this Jordan Hart stuff has came from. He's supposed to be going to Ayr. It'd be a complete waste of money having Gibson and another first team 'keeper anyway.

I'd be disappointed with MacDonald as I think we need a striker who will run in behind (And not Watson). With the additions we've made this summer, I'd expect teams to not sit as deep against us but instead push their backline up and try and compress the midfield that way. A pacier front man would counter that. Of course, we've put ourselves in this position by signing up three strikers that weren't really good enough last year, although I appreciate there aren't tonnes of good strikers going about.

That said, if he's fit and adjusts to part-time football then he'd probably score a fair amount of goals. Might be worth a gamble.

McDonald will never happen gents, put it to bed, got our eyes on a centre half and striker but its not McDonald, the lad Banjo played at the PFA exit game today played really well, nothing fancy won it gave it, patrolled the midfield and won every ball, would be a great option as a CDM.

McDonald will never happen gents, put it to bed, got our eyes on a centre half and striker but its not McDonald, the lad Banjo played at the PFA exit game today played really well, nothing fancy won it gave it, patrolled the midfield and won every ball, would be a great option as a CDM.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

who else stood out today?

Any team line-ups

Any team line-ups

No line ups but there's a list on the PFA website under "player availability" so no idea of who did/didn't feature in yesterday's game. Gemmells names there and I wouldve thought the poster above who was at the game would've mentioned him so maybe he didn't play.

http://pfascotland.co.uk/player-availability/

Tabs for each position at the right of the page when you open it.

Thanks for that Banjo. 😊

Guest The Phoenix

The pfa exit trail is nothing more than future junior cloggers looking for one last pay day very rare you see any decent player from it.

Aye but who knows were it might lead to?

There are some smashing players on those lists. Many of whom are out of our league, of course. Zaine Francis Angol! He won't be short of offers.

Few centre backs on there we could ask to training and see how they do: Zubaidi, Moyes, Jack Cook. The name Jake Hutchings rings a bell. Wasn't he going to be the next big thing with Hearts?

Ryan Donnelly's on there too. He was a braw player in his Airdrie days. I'd give him a deal before Peaso. Another forward, Lewis Small, is supposed to have a bit of pace. Played a game for Stenny this season. Wonder what their fans made of him.

Craig Comrie, who was with Stirling last season, was a busy midfielder, albeit a bit wee. And there's a boy Craig McCall looks like he could do us a turn in the centre of the park.