CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

off the field earlier on this year the chairman and finance director said they were stepping down during the summer is this still the case ? if so have we identified replacements or have they decided to stay on ? 

as far as long ball tactics is concerned we have resorted to that many times even when gemmell wasn't in the team a tactic that baffled me , but was more than probably down to the fact our midfield was slow and had very little skill (mcgovern the exception ) with easton and the new signings it gives us the option now to try and play more football through midfield

finally on gemmell is really doesnt matter who you believe he hasn't signed for us and i wish him all the best

Exactly Gormley isn't the type to win headers and get flick ons, hopefully with Easton it also takes the pressure off him to create things and actually get Gormley in the box, too many times last season he ended up being wasted dropping out wide.

Ferguson has my support but, I agree that Gemmell deserved to be retained more than Higgins or Gormley.

He may suit a longer ball game but is still more of a threat from wide crosses than both of the others. Touch also much better than Gormley's. Hence able to hold it up better.

However, he's gone and that's history. Maybe money was the issue.

Looking forward to the new season. Hopefully, the football will be better and more exciting than last year's agricultural effort.

JG is a reasonable player but folk make him out to be better than he is as they are fooled by his actions. It's all an act of you ask me trying to get fans on his side, which fair play to him has worked on a lot who worship the ground he walks on. With the likes of Flynn, Easton & Linton if they play in a midfield 3 we need a striker with some mobility to finish the chances which will be created by the midfielders. It'll be a different style of play I reckon this season but that's due to the quality that we've brought in, not to mention Lowdon & McNeil who offer us the ability to play wing backs.

If we find the correct sorta striker that suits our style this season we'll be laughing so I just hope Ferguson doesn't panic as season draws closer (take your time as its gonna be our most important signing IMO !)

Moving on to pre season friendlies...

Great to see the prices for game on Saturday being £5 a head, hopefully get a reasonable crowd & we can all see how the team are beginning to gel.

Up the Clyde !

Edited by BroadwoodBoy

Apparently we've signed Ross Millen - anything (good or bad) to say about the boy?

In general he's a very good player at this level and was one of the stand outs at the back for us. Only negative point is he tends to just lump it up the park sometimes and give away possession when an easier ball was on. Good player though.

Queen's actually signing anything other junior hammerthrowers is not on, how dare they!

He actually turned down our contract offer as Barry was wanting him to stay, maybe he felt the need to turn down a professional team to go amateur. I preferred him sitting in front of defence he's decent enough at centre half. He should be good enough for league one

Edited by Only one David Marsh

Rumour that Ross Millen may be coming to us. Opinions of him?

Solid player calm on the ball somet times wants a wee bit too much time should do ok in league one

Would certainly have kept him at clyde

But credit to him he would rather play for just expenses than a contract with us

But credit to him he would rather play for just expenses than a contract with us

sorry to rub it in cfc (well only slightly  :) ), but if he's ambitious and believes in his ability then possibly he thinks showcasing his talents in a higher league for one season might advance his career?

sorry to rub it in cfc (well only slightly :) ), but if he's ambitious and believes in his ability then possibly he thinks showcasing his talents in a higher league for one season might advance his career?

Expenses = sarcasm