CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Agree it's a nonsense that u20s are in this cup. We need supporters to turn up. The bigger the attendance, the smaller the financial loss to the club from this terrible decision. I'll be there

No way would I tell fans not to turn up but from a personal view attending the game myself would mean giving credence to the SPFL patronising my great club

Each to there own

It's a hard one for fans, we have absolutely no will to watch this game or support this pathetic competition that once was half-decent but ripped apart by a total p***k (Donkeyster). However we don't want to see the club go through any financial loss because of a low crowd... It really is a hard one!

wish we could have played this game on the Astro next door and played our U20's to show proper respect to this competition 

The club will get money for competing I doubt even with a low crowd they will actually lose money
Anyway won't be there

You've got a wife?

It's genuinely incredible how much he mentions it.

About 80 percent of the forum will have one but I can't really recall anyone else mentioning their bird/wife more than maybe once/twice.

It's really quite impressive. :lol:

8 hours ago, David W said:

Is there any reason we can't play the Saturday instead? Are the Colts at home? 

As far as I'm aware our home fixtures are given priority over theirs because we're in a higher league. Might not apply to cup competitions though.* 

*or BMX events. 

We played quite well, we've definitely ditched the "punt the ball" technique from last season and actually look like we can play some nice football. Dylan Easton rightfully named Man of the match, looked very confident on the ball and always looked like he could make something happen.

No complaints about any of the new players. Back four looked solid. Only issue is my heart always sinks when the ball goes anywhere nearly our keeper Gibson, and it didn't look like the back 4 had A lot of trust in him, especially for corners and crosses.

Overall is was actually a half decent game for a glorified friendly, we were the better team up until the awful penalty by Linton, Kilmarnock woke up after that and took their chances. I'd be worried if I was a Killie fan though. They were absolutely rotten .

We played quite well, we've definitely ditched the "punt the ball" technique from last season and actually look like we can play some nice football. Dylan Easton rightfully named Man of the match, looked very confident on the ball and always looked like he could make something happen.

No complaints about any of the new players. Back four looked solid. Only issue is my heart always sinks when the ball goes anywhere nearly our keeper Gibson, and it didn't look like the back 4 had A lot of trust in him, especially for corners and crosses.

Overall is was actually a half decent game for a glorified friendly, we were the better team up until the awful penalty by Linton, Kilmarnock woke up after that and took their chances. I'd be worried if I was a Killie fan though. They were absolutely rotten .

Agree the football was very good to watch as for Gibson he just doesn't fill me (or by the looks of it the defence) with any confidence but obviously the budget was spent in other areas that is fair enough , doubt he will be our first choice come late September my bet is we go for another loan

Easton was outstanding and all the new players played well good volley from Watson and hope he gets a couple of starts in the league cup