CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Couldn't make it today how'd we play? 

We played some good stuff some really nice one twos played the ball on the ground cool finish from McDonald should have scored a second poor goal to lose the Berwick player did finish well but look at the highlights plenty chances to avoid it
The two wing backs were excellent
But we need Smith back in defence

Decent test against a really deep defensive block. Should learn a bit from that as we'll see it a lot this season. To say that Berwick rarely had a man in our half is an understatement. Defending was embarrassing for the equaliser, no idea what Johnstone and McLaughlin were doing.

I didn't think we played particularly well but we were much better than last year at finding gaps and space in behind them. Should've scored more than one and killed it. Easton was man marked and struggled to get into the game and when he did, he held it far too long. Shame Flynn and Marsh both missed out as they'd take advantage of a team sacrificing a player like that.

I actually thought Gormley played well, as did Scott McLaughlin bar the goal. McNeil a better second half in an unfamiliar position. Lowden quality.

Thought they should have got a straight red and it looked like a penalty for hand ball late on as well. Not really sure what they gain from being so defensive in a meaningless game.

Kevin Nicol was there again? Three in a row. You do feel we're a player or two short even when the missing guys come back.

Penalties were great. That is a good sign.

I'm probably one of Gormley's biggest critics but I thought he played very well today. Easton has to learn that sometimes laying it off first time is better. He seems to hold on to it ALL the time. Today he lost possession a lot. I used to play fives with a guy that did that. Hated being in his team.
Goal lost was dreadful defending and we were Lucky not to lose a couple more due to similar defensive lapses.
Enjoyed the game though.
Also Barry has to resist the temptation to react to the crowd. The comment he responded to was nothing.

Clyde bust the coupon yet again

:lol:

Bet365 give the same goal notification for it too. Boy I was with got the cheering sound notification took it out his pocket and thought his coupon was in till he double taked and saw it was for a disallowed goal

5 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

Aye, Easton ran through and got tangled up with the defender before sticking in the net but the lino gave a foul the stupid c**t

Was a clear foul by Easton to be fair. Pulled the defender back. 

We should tell them to f**k right off then.
Loads of people have spent a lot of cash on these special tops.
Clyde put the design on their website.......Please tell me they spoke to Hummel first???
No one should buy that shitty light blue kit until the situation is sorted.

Didn't pay for one but agree this is ridiculous fans saw the design and bought on in the strength

Don't know enough about it but they need to get it sorted

A lot of fans cash went into this venture all it does is puts people
Off contributing in the future

As mentioned on the kit thread, the design is taken directly from a graphic of the Liverpool away top and edited to round the collar, change logos and blend in the fan names.  If Hummel produced that doctored image and followed up by manufacturing the shirt, there could be trouble for them.  If that's the issue causing the need for chevrons, could red cuffs not be added instead?  I'm presuming Clyde didn't produce the graphic themselves.

As mentioned on the kit thread, the design is taken directly from a graphic of the Liverpool away top and edited to round the collar, change logos and blend in the fan names.  If Hummel produced that doctored image and followed up by manufacturing the shirt, there could be trouble for them.  If that's the issue causing the need for chevrons, could red cuffs not be added instead?  I'm presuming Clyde didn't produce the graphic themselves.

So I take it that if they are disputing the design then none have been produced hence there is no shirt to put the sponsors name on ?

Maybe they can ask the supporters team to borrow their strips ha ha