CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Sounds to me a bit more like Broadwood is an option? What's the story there is it an SNP council used to be Labour?

Still a Labour council, for now, but the leader who has treated Cumbernauld, and everything in it, with nothing but disdain has left. New regime slightly better.

Entitled to your opinion but if club never felt any o these moves were 100% correct im with them as im certain they would be a Q waiting to give them dogs abuse per if move went ahead and failed...

Im gettim frustrated as much as the next person but i.d rather it went this way i suppose rather than just jump and regret later.

Each to their own

As I said to one of the guys on Saturday we need a long term sustainable plan with financial backing and no matter who is on the board we know the direction the club is going in

Ps still buzzing for the start of the season as the two games I have seen this is the best footballing clyde team I have seen for a long while

Dylan Easton is f****** dynamite :)

So another group approaching Clyde gateway?

Wonder who that might be!

How can this group of numpties think they represent the club, when they have f&^k all to do with it.

Yip. Pretty obscure and even more confusing their been welcomed in to discuss something they cant deliver from club point o view.

44 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Surely it doesn't matter who speaks to who if it's a good deal for the club wouldn't most fans welcome it no matter who negotiated it ?

It clearly matters as these people are working independently from the club and are only interested in their own agenda and when the club are trying to go through the correct channels quietly and are looking for a move for the club these guys are leaking like a sieve to someone from the media which helps no-one and can only reflect badly on the club.

It looks to me as a simple supporter that someone is out to cause trouble for the board. Perhaps the rebels were scared of good news in the future and see the leak as a way to cause disruption. I wish the rebels would b***er off as they seem to have an agenda based on self interest rather than that of the club..
Raising the Glencairn issue after the AGM showed this

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where are the majority of Clyde fans that go to games now based out of interest?

I would say most of the younger fans (up to maybe 30 years old) are based in Cumbernauld or nearby areas (Kirkintilloch, Coatbridge, Kilsyth etc.)

Older fans mainly Glasgow.

Edited by C. Muir

Can't see why fans are getting so worked up so some group went and spoke to gateway about a move back to rutherglen
What's the worse that could happen? We actually get to relocate to a purpose built stadium with whatever around it
Or the board simply ignore it and get in with whatever plan they have at present

What would be good is to hear what the boards plans are not any confidential details but what is the 5 to 10 year plan

O

Can't see why fans are getting so worked up so some group went and spoke to gateway about a move back to rutherglen
What's the worse that could happen? We actually get to relocate to a purpose built stadium with whatever around it
Or the board simply ignore it and get in with whatever plan they have at present

What would be good is to hear what the boards plans are not any confidential details but what is the 5 to 10 year plan

I wonder if the stadium which currently doesn't have a senior or junior team could be Scotsoun where Glasgow Warriors play (just because I cant really think of any other) which would be a possibility as they will have a 3G pitch and tend to play most games on a Friday night anyway

If we leave broadwood we need to set realistic targets regards stadium size/build..

Broadwood took big for crowds at Motherwell,Thistle,Kilmarnock,Falkirk to name just a few and seriously far too big for our crowds which have been dipping for years and even if we took Dumbarton 's place in championship still reckon our home crowds wouldn't be much more than 800/850.....

Something based on size of Forthbank but not East fife/Dumbarton's one sided effort would be ideal,Smaller stadium would generate better atmosphere and perhaps get some new supporters as current home match day experience horrible regardless of the obvious better relationship with NLL or what ever there called 

Edited by shawfield shed boy