CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

2 hours ago, honestly united said:

I wonder if the stadium which currently doesn't have a senior or junior team could be Scotsoun where Glasgow Warriors play (just because I cant really think of any other) which would be a possibility as they will have a 3G pitch and tend to play most games on a Friday night anyway

Exactly what i was thinking as, like you, I just can't think of anywhere else. I hope not. If nothing else, you can't park anywhere near the place. Only realistic way of getting there is to use public transport or walk miles. 

I wonder if the stadium which currently doesn't have a senior or junior team could be Scotsoun where Glasgow Warriors play (just because I cant really think of any other) which would be a possibility as they will have a 3G pitch and tend to play most games on a Friday night anyway

Could the stadium be the Glasgow National Hockey Centre in Glasgow green?

It's not far from Shawfield and handy for the city.

Guest The Phoenix
19 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

A stick on. :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

It's not far from Shawfield and handy for the city.

May be. Would need a bit of development as its capacity is too low even for us, but location is good. 

C Muir brings up a fair point earlier and I'm all in support of trying to keep these young lads interested as much as possible though current attendances are nowhere enough and neither will they constantly stay over what we were used to in old 1st division at broadwood due to many things previously mentioned...

I know I keep harping on but we do need to get back into the middle of civilisation whilst holding onto current 400 support (or more) & adding 300 more on a regular basis prividing in right environment for those wanting to jump a train or being able to park, Shettleston and Glencairn ticked the good transport links but I suppose not a lot o parking at either venue..

Its a difficult decision end o day cause some venues will bring a lot of something but also a great deal of nothing including our current home if we can call it , Personally i think we can do much better than broadwood regardless of improved relations, Lets face it we can't do any worse going on current poor home attendences v some decent league finishes under Duffys last year and Missing out on play offs in may

Edited by shawfield shed boy

A ground not being used by a senior or junior team, must be hampden park :rolleyes:

C Muir brings up a fair point earlier and I'm all in support of trying to keep these young lads interested as much as possible though current attendances are nowhere enough and neither will they constantly stay over what we were used to in old 1st division at broadwood due to many things previously mentioned...

I know I keep harping on but we do need to get back into the middle of civilisation whilst holding onto current 400 support (or more) & adding 300 more on a regular basis prividing in right environment for those wanting to jump a train or being able to park, Shettleston and Glencairn ticked the good transport links but I suppose not a lot o parking at either venue..

Its a difficult decision end o day cause some venues will bring a lot of something but also a great deal of nothing including our current home if we can call it , Personally i think we can do much better than broadwood regardless of improved relations, Lets face it we can't do any worse going on current poor home attendences v some decent league finishes under Duffys last year and Missing out on play offs in may

Agree that the ideal size design of stadium would be forthbank

Frankly I have no idea how the club progresses but it's been 4 years since the whole East Kilbride farce and being told if we stay at Broadwood the club would die
And we don't seem to haven't progressed to anything near having a permanent base since looks like another period of he said she said

I'm just glad that the team this year looks to have a right good chance of promotion with some real quality playing some good football

Gayfield and indeed the other Angus clubs are the perfect model for any lower league club.

We've got a main stand with 850 seats. The main stand is fully done up inside now with uefa licenced changing rooms and the like, a bar and a hospitality suite that takes 150. Terracing on the other 3 sides. If I had to build a new ground for us after a lottery win it would be a carbon copy.

1 hour ago, maccanee said:

I took the empty stadium as being Shawfield, can't think of any other stadiums that would accommodate football!

Shawfield is a dump and would be a terrible option. It was a dump when we left it and is now close to derelict. Only the main stand could be used and you get a shite view of the park because of the dog track between and numerous columns blocking the view. I'd be seriously concerned about someone's sanity if they think this is a serious option. 

Plus the area is notorious for land contamination it'd cost way more than what a new build will cost 

I assume (perhaps wrongly) that there would be granted financial assistance with clearance of contamination. And perhaps the land would be at a knockdown price as per Glasgow city council's generosity to Celtic on the other side of the river [emoji57]

Note: Shawfield was/is not suitable for watching football.

Exactly what i was thinking as, like you, I just can't think of anywhere else. I hope not. If nothing else, you can't park anywhere near the place. Only realistic way of getting there is to use public transport or walk miles. 

Not true , the permit zone stops at Victoria Drive which is a third of a mile from the stadium - in other words where the ex-council houses start. Streets always busy when warriors are playing. Would be ironic if BSC playing in Alloa while Clyde move to Scotstoun.

11 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Not true , the permit zone stops at Victoria Drive which is a third of a mile from the stadium - in other words where the ex-council houses start. Streets always busy when warriors are playing. Would be ironic if BSC playing in Alloa while Clyde move to Scotstoun.

I stand corrected. Lack of local knowledge. I'm relying on my limited experience of going to the rugby. 

Drinking with brian Ahern, Proper clyde man...[emoji106]

Top man he knows a guy who was tutor on my safety training he passed a couple of messages to Brian got a couple of really nice texts from him

I know Bellshill 's old ground is unused but looking at the pictures on non league scotland it would require a momentous amount of work to bring to standard. I also assume that this site would be too far out from Glasgow and Clyde catchment area

The underlying point about all this is that the club said the only criteria in moving related to the terms & conditions.  Understandable.  So if they themselves are saying there's been progress there, and ultimately re-negotiate what's required, that's it basically.  Their statement's correct, in that case there is no basis for moving.

The problem with looking at alternatives is it's unintentionally divisive, because there's so many different views as to the future of the club. Some are fine with a downgrade, others aren't, etc etc.  Where we're all probably agreed is that it's been going on long enough, we're all tired of this and the club need stability to plan a future.  They can't really do that properly until they're decided.

Sydney, I fear for your sanity if you can't see the potential benefit of going "home" to Shawfield which is now in the middle of the biggest regeneration area in Scotland.  And for those desperate for a nearby pub, there will be one there soon.  The point you're missing is that as it stands now, yes, the stadium isn't fit for purpose.  Around 70% of it is already condemned for health & safety.  The current owner is unwilling to sell, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's all entirely in his hands.  That would be up to the powers that be.

The plan was a total new rebuild.  Anything worth going to would have partners on board because of the cost involved, whether Shawfield or anywhere else.  Clyde don't have the finances to build anything themselves worth going to, it's as simple as that

It's not convenient for me, but I personally think the long term future of the club will be best served at Broadwood with adequate t&c's. If they move, it would have to be to the Rutherglen area with a similar facility, perhaps not as large, but not down to the level of Forthbank.  I understand others disagree and that's fair enough, but with Broadwood we know what facility is there, with any proposed move it's a complete unknown - not every option will be automatically acceptable to everyone - that's just the way it is.

But as someone else said, it's been dragging on now for about 4 years.  The sooner they're able to get it sorted out one way or another the better for all concerned.