CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

but not down to the level of Forthbank.

Why not? Forthbank is a lovely wee stadium. It always seems to have an atmosphere when Clyde visit, unlike Broadwood which lacks any at any time.

I would be happy with an even smaller stadium like Galabank. Big enough for our current support and can be expanded when required.

Some Clyde supporters seem to think we are a Premiership team with the potential to have 6000 crowds. Both will never happen. History tells us that.

We should be looking for a stadium to house a couple of thousand at the absolute most.

Hamilton average 4,387. They seem a similar-sized club that managed to get up to the top flight.

I realise that is hugely unlikely but if we could somehow achieve that I think we could manage an average of over 3,000.

I'd like a ground with a capacity of 2,000 that could be easily expanded if we somehow ended up getting successive promotions.

Why not? Forthbank is a lovely wee stadium. It always seems to have an atmosphere when Clyde visit, unlike Broadwood which lacks any at any time.

I would be happy with an even smaller stadium like Galabank. Big enough for our current support and can be expanded when required.

Some Clyde supporters seem to think we are a Premiership team with the potential to have 6000 crowds. Both will never happen. History tells us that.

We should be looking for a stadium to house a couple of thousand at the absolute most.

So there was no atmosphere at the play games against Elgin and Queens Park?
A 2k stadium that really is to small
Don't see any problem with a forthbank size as if you required they could easily build behind each goal
Unless it's a better deal I would remain at Broadwood

The figure I provided is correct according to Wikipedia. I can't find a more reliable source. Where's HibeeJibee when you need him?

I had a (very) quick scan through their attendances last season. The maths don't add up to me. Only a handful of games were higher than that average.

So there was no atmosphere at the play games against Elgin and Queens Park?
A 2k stadium that really is to small

These games were merely okay for atmosphere but would have been better in a more compact stadium.
Also, outwith exceptional occurrences like cup finals, when was the last time the Clyde support at a match exceeded 2000?

Scottish ground guide has Hamiltons average last season as 3,027. Unsure of how reliable a source that is but it is certainly a more realistic figure 

My quick maths of the league attrndances counted 57,400. With 19 league games at home thats what i got. Didn't bother to check if they had 19 or 20.

2 hours ago, BrigtonClyde said:

The underlying point about all this is that the club said the only criteria in moving related to the terms & conditions.  Understandable.  So if they themselves are saying there's been progress there, and ultimately re-negotiate what's required, that's it basically.  Their statement's correct, in that case there is no basis for moving.

The problem with looking at alternatives is it's unintentionally divisive, because there's so many different views as to the future of the club. Some are fine with a downgrade, others aren't, etc etc.  Where we're all probably agreed is that it's been going on long enough, we're all tired of this and the club need stability to plan a future.  They can't really do that properly until they're decided.

Sydney, I fear for your sanity if you can't see the potential benefit of going "home" to Shawfield which is now in the middle of the biggest regeneration area in Scotland.  And for those desperate for a nearby pub, there will be one there soon.  The point you're missing is that as it stands now, yes, the stadium isn't fit for purpose.  Around 70% of it is already condemned for health & safety.  The current owner is unwilling to sell, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's all entirely in his hands.  That would be up to the powers that be.

The plan was a total new rebuild.  Anything worth going to would have partners on board because of the cost involved, whether Shawfield or anywhere else.  Clyde don't have the finances to build anything themselves worth going to, it's as simple as that

It's not convenient for me, but I personally think the long term future of the club will be best served at Broadwood with adequate t&c's. If they move, it would have to be to the Rutherglen area with a similar facility, perhaps not as large, but not down to the level of Forthbank.  I understand others disagree and that's fair enough, but with Broadwood we know what facility is there, with any proposed move it's a complete unknown - not every option will be automatically acceptable to everyone - that's just the way it is.

But as someone else said, it's been dragging on now for about 4 years.  The sooner they're able to get it sorted out one way or another the better for all concerned.

BC. I'm perfectly sane thanks. And I'm not missing any point. You've identified the problems yourself and summarised perfectly why it's not a good option. At no point did I say going to our previous home area wasn't a good idea. On the contrary, I would more than welcome it. I just think Shawfield isn't the answer. Even if the "powers that be" (whoever they are) persuade the current owners to sell or lease to Clyde, the cost of redevelopment would be astronomical and well beyond what we could realistically expect to achieve. The demolition cost alone required for redevelopment could run into millions when you consider the likely cost of removal of the likely contaminants. 

Add to that, if we were talking a lease option again with the greyhounds still there, we'd be back watching football at a stadium completely unsuited for the purpose. The view of the park was terrible because of the distance from the park and the number of track lighting columns around the park. No thanks. I'd much rather stay where we are now. 

These games were merely okay for atmosphere but would have been better in a more compact stadium.
Also, outwith exceptional occurrences like cup finals, when was the last time the Clyde support at a match exceeded 2000?

So we are never going to expect an attendance above 2k ? I would say something around the size of forthbank 4 k would do us fine means if there is a cup tie you can cash in a bit

So we are never going to expect an attendance above 2k ? I would say something around the size of forthbank 4 k would do us fine means if there is a cup tie you can cash in a bit

I would rather sit in a stadium that was compact and almost full every second week rather than a quarter or less full stadium with the hope of drawing a "big team" in the cup every couple of years.

As has been said, move to a larger stadium as Albion Rovers do if that happens.

It should should not be forgotten that atmosphere is really important in regard to enjoyment of football. Why would you prefer to watch it in an empty stadium? In my opinion, amongst other reasons, that's why we need out of Broadwood.

I would rather sit in a stadium that was compact and almost full every second week rather than a quarter or less full stadium with the hope of drawing a "big team" in the cup every couple of years.

As has been said, move to a larger stadium as Albion Rovers do if that happens.

It should should not be forgotten that atmosphere is really important in regard to enjoyment of football. Why would you prefer to watch it in an empty stadium? In my opinion, amongst other reasons, that's why we need out of Broadwood.

Well going by the club statement looks like we are staying at Broadwood as I said forthbank is my ideal stadium but each to there own if you think something like Annan is what we need then fair enough

It's all about opinions

It should be set in stone that you confirm your home stadia with the league and the SFA at the start of the season and that's the stadium you play ALL games at! If the Rovers don't want to invest in that shitehole, that's their problem - if they get a big tie then they play it at Cliftonhill and make less money on gate receipts. Same rules should apply to us, if we built a stadium, we play ALL games in it regardless who we're playing. 

If that's the rules, so be it. It's a price I would be happy to pay for a better atmosphere every home game rather that having a backdrop of thousands of empty seats that have not been used for 3 years and many years before that.

It is all about opinions and I'll never fall out with any Clyde supporter about this as we all want the best for the club. Hopefully, we'll all support the club wherever they may play.

If that's the rules, so be it. It's a price I would be happy to pay for a better atmosphere every home game rather that having a backdrop of thousands of empty seats that have not been used for 3 years and many years before that.

It is all about opinions and I'll never fall out with any Clyde supporter about this as we all want the best for the club. Hopefully, we'll all support the club wherever they may play.

Don't think anyone is falling out good to have a range of opinions

Atmosphere does depend on the team doing well and that is linked to finance at the club most important thing is revenue streams and any new stadium has to supply this revenue

Can someone please explain to me why in the middle of a discussion on where me might be playing in the future Paul Shields turns up-what am I missing?

As for Shawfield-well apart from the emotional pull I am afraid without massive investment it will remain just a dream.