CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Or BF. Going by some the season is over, by others it might make us better. Reality will be somewhere in between.

Where has anyone said the season is over ? I haven't seen this written anywhere
All fans have said it's a huge blow to our promotion bid but apparently it's a minor blip losing Easton and Lowden

Look it's really unlucky loosing two big players this early but we have to move on and be positive, get behind the team and support them. Like Gunther was saying Flynn isn't better than Easton but he's a pretty good replacement tbh 14 goals hr scored last year.

Mon the Clyde, I'm staying positive and getting behind the team!

Look it's really unlucky loosing two big players this early but we have to move on and be positive, get behind the team and support them. Like Gunther was saying Flynn isn't better than Easton but he's a pretty good replacement tbh 14 goals hr scored last year.

Mon the Clyde, I'm staying positive and getting behind the team!

Thank God for that I thought BF had something to worry about but the comments tonight have put my mind at rest

Now all I need confirmed is that the earth is flat

The manager will be frustrated.  He signed a group of players with a specific system in mind and been unlucky that two of these key players for that system have picked up long term injuries.

This is where he'll need to show his mettle.  At this level it's very unlikely you can replace like for like.  He knows the strengths of the players he does have, and if need be adopt a system he doesn't prefer but that suits them best.  The only system that matters is a winning one.

If he can find the right blend in defence that tightens up that'll be like a new signing.  Yes they'll be a loss, but better it happens now, give him the chance to devise a slightly altered system and get them used to playing that.  

We've been playing competitive games now for nearly 2 months and not kept a clean sheet in any of them.  Whether the lads were fit or not, that's a problem.  It's not feasible to go through an entire season knowing you have to score that many goals to keep winning. So I agree with others, there's no reason to write the season off, but there could be if he perseveres with a system that doesn't suit his players.  He's still got decent options available.    

On 14 September 2016 at 19:25, Günther said:

The term one man doesn't make a team can be used to answer your first and last paragraph. 

Im not saying Flynn can replace Easton, in saying he's a very good replacement for him. Easton definitely one of the most gifted players I've ever seen in a Clyde shirt. 

A pollock fan has told me today that Carlo Monti has been told he can leave. Apparently his attitude is stinking every since he's moved back from Malta. 

Ideal to play a number 10 role I was told. You've always rated him Gunther ! 

A pollock fan has told me today that Carlo Monti has been told he can leave. Apparently his attitude is stinking every since he's moved back from Malta. 

Ideal to play a number 10 role I was told. You've always rated him Gunther ! 

10 goals in the last 3 seasons
That's 4 goals behind Matt Flynn for last season.

Doubt we would fork out a wage on that record

If he plays for nothing, good. He's everything David says above: quick, clever, moves well. But a forward at this time? Peaso could use a better partner, aye. But I'd be inclined to spend in the midfield or at the back before anywhere else.