CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

11 hours ago, The_BullyWee said:

What's people thinking about the briefing email that was sent out today?

Only surprise to me was the "other" group admitting to their attempt to sabotage any discussions with Shettleston, the rest speaks for itself, and is to me just a personal vandetta, that will do the people involved no favours or the club.

15 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

I mind reading a few weeks ago that he'd left EK. Leaving two clubs by September doesn't look good, maybe David W is onto something re his attitude. No thanks. 

Aye and that with a team with Adam Strachan in it, he must be aff his heid!

So Mr Ferguson has allegedly applied for the St Mirren job and according to bookies isn't one of the favourites to do so. Where does this leave him with us ....is his heart truly in it or just going through the motions until better job comes up rather than being in it for the long run. Yes he has attracted some good players but they can't go anywhere.
You wonder if you are better off with a less well known manager who isn't using it as a stepping stone. Fair enough if you are but he's done nothing yet to prove he's a good manager.

So Mr Ferguson has allegedly applied for the St Mirren job and according to bookies isn't one of the favourites to do so. Where does this leave him with us ....is his heart truly in it or just going through the motions until better job comes up rather than being in it for the long run. Yes he has attracted some good players but they can't go anywhere.
You wonder if you are better off with a less well known manager who isn't using it as a stepping stone. Fair enough if you are but he's done nothing yet to prove he's a good manager.

I can understand BF being ambitious and applying for these jobs but he hasn't achieved anything of note with us yet. Why would a full time club gamble on him? If anything the signs with us are that he doesn't particularly coach or develop his players and has questionable man management and motivation skills. Maybe st mirren want someone who will work really hard without achieving very much.

To be fair, we did come close to promotion last season and still should be contesting this year (despite horrendous luck with injury to marque signings). I would rather BF stuck it out with us and hopefully his ambition will align with our desire to go up.

For him personally though that is a gamble as if we don't go up this season his reputation is in the shitter. With the injuries and little scope to replace them maybe he feels the writing is on the wall and better to cut his loses and try and jupe someone into giving him a full time job now.

To be honest, I think all Clyde managers hope that the job would be a stepping stone.
I doubt any manager would see us as the pinnacle of their career given a choice.
We just have to hope that our future managers are doing such a good job that they do interest other teams in leagues above.
Whether you're a player or a manager, that's football.

The Colts (away but not at home)

I was talking about this and was wondering if we got drawn away to the colts if they would put us in the away section of the main stand and keep the whole stand themselves. Tbh the wee van for the away end is probably better than the shitey pies we get offered