CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

You were doing so well....then you had to sneak the board into it. Pretty sure nobody is happy about them just now but ffs we are a handfull of games from oblivion so just concentrate on the team getting some points and leave all the board stuff until we know where we stand !

Why should we

I enjoyed the interview with the two of them on the official site. As Sao Paulo stated above, two intelligent players and I couldn't imagine either of them standing on the sideline with their arms folded ala Malcom. A good opportunity for them both as well.

Cautiously optimistic.

Edited by Scott-Replay

You were doing so well....then you had to sneak the board into it. Pretty sure nobody is happy about them just now but ffs we are a handfull of games from oblivion so just concentrate on the team getting some points and leave all the board stuff until we know where we stand !

What has supporting the team got anything to do with me pointing out who carries the can for this mess ?

But let's get it clear if the unthinkable happens and we lose our league status the responsibility will lie with the board , not players, managers

Don't talk nonsense. The board allowed Ferguson to sign the players. A squad we were told were the best in the league. They provided funding for a Jersey trip, overnight stays etc.

The mess was created by Ferguson and the players alone.

The board can be blamed for many things, including choosing Ferguson, but not the league position.

Don't talk nonsense. The board allowed Ferguson to sign the players. A squad we were told were the best in the league. They provided funding for a Jersey trip, overnight stays etc.

The board can be blamed for many things, including choosing Ferguson, but not the league position.

I give up

So tell me what can they be blamed for ?

As usual you are both reading something that wasnt written.....go back and read it again.

How does highlighting who in my opinion has taken the club to edge of oblivion have any bearing on my support for the team ?

I wish JP and Peaso all the best in their new roles. If they were what's needed to get a response from the players, so be it

The only thing that matters is Clyde and that we start picking up points and quickly. If we were to be relegated, all the talk about the board would be irrelevant, we would be finished as a club, make no mistake about it.

Any pre-empted scripts "deeply disappointing / we all need to come together / it's just another part of our journey / aiming to bounce straight back up to the Senior league" ....forget about it. Club would be finished. Gone. 

Issues surrounding how the club is run should and can be addressed in the summer, providing there's a club left. First thing's first, win games

38 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

So tell me what can they be blamed for ?

Extending Ferguson's contract, being slow to react to this disastrous run, letting Bob take charge on Tuesday night.

All the best to Peaso & JP. Looking forward to at least better commitment and effort. Hopefully that should see us through.

Edited by LiviClyde

All I said was we shouldn't forget whom is responsible for the mess

The players are the only ones who can get us out of this and they will need ( even I've undeserved) the full backing of the support end of

Its a bit like the sketch from life of Brian "all I said was the board was responsible if we go down "

However I'm sure the revisionist will appear come the Summer

But let's get it clear if the unthinkable happens and we lose our league status the responsibility will lie with the board , not players, managers

I merely challenged thid view that the players and management were blameless if we get relegated.

That statement is obviously wrong. I would suggest that the players and manager were the main reason for relegation.

If we had got promotion would you be praising the board or the players and manager?

We all know the answer