CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Shawfield is bottom right, could it be that football facility in the top left maybe?

83e1f8138cb21c0e5423e848de161aea.jpg

The area you talk about is the national hockey centre with football parks behind it. I really can't see the pitches being sold to the club. Possibly the extra ground below this which is not well used.

16 minutes ago, GYSPY ARMY said:

Maybe it's Shawfield

:) memories best left as just that. Shawfield in desperate need of demolition just as it was in 1985. I'd be surprised if the safety certificate allowed more than 400-500 in the place. 

3 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Got a big empty ground already GA. Stirling albion or something compact should be our aim with option to build on if we EVER get out this league(Upwards)

Would love us to have a ground like Stirlings. Really like our games there. Can create a cracking atmosphere with a few hundred fans. 

Got a big empty ground already GA. Stirling albion or something compact should be our aim with option to build on if we EVER get out this league(Upwards)

Forthbank = favourite ground cracking atmosphere and good view something like that is ideal. I would plump for stand one side terracing on the other a and tge bits behind each goal like forthbank

And nothing like Galabank what a waste of space that is only surpassed by k park [emoji23]

11 hours ago, sydney said:

:) memories best left as just that. Shawfield in desperate need of demolition just as it was in 1985. I'd be surprised if the safety certificate allowed more than 400-500 in the place. 

That's true Sydney, but there's some basics here.

Any option Clyde are looking at will either be a new build or a demolition and re-build.  The latter wouldn't just apply to Shawfield.

Shawfield is unlikely but the situation there is simple.  All of the terracing is condemned by H&S.  Clyde Gateway made an offer to the current owner that would have had Clyde involved.  It would have been demolition & rebuild. He knocked it back because he has fewer days ahead than behind him, hanging on hoping that as the newly developed Oatlands emerges and perhaps more of the Clyde Gateway land is sold and then built on, that will automatically add value to his property - location!  Meaning that when he finally pops his clogs, there is a greater inheritance to pass on to those known to be riddled with debt.  The first thing they will do is sell it. A CPO is possible but that's not in the hands of the club, it relies on a 3rd party, and presumably Clyde want to move quickly

There's a few locations including a huge piece of land on Dalmarnock Rd itself, but that might be earmarked for the Gateway's planned industrial development, I don't know.  I do know they've not sold land as quickly as they'd hoped so are perhaps looking at secondary options now.  It's possible as it would tie into their industry / lesiure mixed usage target for the area., 

Relocation needs a feasible community to build into, and a ground that presents an impression that attracts people into it.  My guess is it'll need to be south of the river or an area very closely associated with it.  I doubt Crownpoint would tick that box.  With the latter, forget an E Fife / Dumbarton / Annan style development.  Along similar lines to what SSB was saying, something initially like Forthbank providing there is the potential to develop further if the club progresses to maximize the potential.  Otherwise you're creating your own destiny and there shouldn't be any complaints about being stuck in the lower 2 leagues with the occasional visit to the Championship.  

With Innes' background I'm assuming whatever is planned will involve partnerships.  Owning your own ground and being saddled with a mortgage is fine providing it's something worth owning.  He's clearly been brought in to be project manager of "Project Relocation", given the title chairman because organisations prefer dealing with the boss.  OK, let's see how he does. 

Any option Clyde are looking at will either be a new build or a demolition and re-build.  The latter wouldn't just apply to Shawfield.
Shawfield is unlikely but the situation there is simple.  All of the terracing is condemned by H&S.  Clyde Gateway made an offer to the current owner that would have had Clyde involved.  It would have been demolition & rebuild. He knocked it back because he has fewer days ahead than behind him, hanging on hoping that as the newly developed Oatlands emerges and perhaps more of the Clyde Gateway land is sold and then built on, that will automatically add value to his property - location!  Meaning that when he finally pops his clogs, there is a greater inheritance to pass on to those known to be riddled with debt.  The first thing they will do is sell it. A CPO is possible but that's not in the hands of the club, it relies on a 3rd party, and presumably Clyde want to move quickly
There's a few locations including a huge piece of land on Dalmarnock Rd itself, but that might be earmarked for the Gateway's planned industrial development, I don't know.  I do know they've not sold land as quickly as they'd hoped so are perhaps looking at secondary options now.  It's possible as it would tie into their industry / lesiure mixed usage target for the area., 
Relocation needs a feasible community to build into, and a ground that presents an impression that attracts people into it.  My guess is it'll need to be south of the river or an area very closely associated with it.  I doubt Crownpoint would tick that box.  With the latter, forget an E Fife / Dumbarton / Annan style development.  Along similar lines to what SSB was saying, something initially like Forthbank providing there is the potential to develop further if the club progresses to maximize the potential.  Otherwise you're creating your own destiny and there shouldn't be any complaints about being stuck in the lower 2 leagues with the occasional visit to the Championship.  
With Innes' background I'm assuming whatever is planned will involve partnerships.  Owning your own ground and being saddled with a mortgage is fine providing it's something worth owning.  He's clearly been brought in to be project manager of "Project Relocation", given the title chairman because organisations prefer dealing with the boss.  OK, let's see how he does. 

Spot on

3 hours ago, BrigtonClyde said:

I can't help but feel that areas near Parkhead are a wrong step e.g. Dalmarnock Road. Celtic are already there in that community, and Rangers dominate Bridgeton.

Bit of distance would in my view help us.

55 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I can't help but feel that areas near Parkhead are a wrong step e.g. Dalmarnock Road. Celtic are already there in that community, and Rangers dominate Bridgeton.

Bit of distance would in my view help us.

I basically agree.  Coming back to Glasgow and ticking all the boxes is tricky, but representing the area in the south east has potential given its size and historic separation from the city.  Dalmarnock Rd kind of ties with Rutherglen and the greater area, but ideally it's closer.  Celtic and Rangers don't represent areas, they represent ideas though have strong affiliations with specific locations.

So in the same way the LaRue XI have been associated with representing the north, there's a gap in the market

9 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Perhaps to add Celtic and Rangers dont have the away following like previous years due to ticket costs and early kick.offs in Inverness etc may pull in some old ruglen n surrounding area families that once used to attend Shawfield , Long shot but a possibility.

That's a possibility.  You'd view them as bonus add ons while looking to build a proper core support from the area being represented. The south east's grown quite a bit since we were last there

People who used to watch us as a 2nd team did so when getting in was a shilling, we were a decent team, computers didn't exist, football was on live TV twice a year, and Geoff Stelling was a bairn.

Those days have gone - at best you will get an occasional visitor, absolutely nothing to base a business plan on. 

Think we all agree on a relocation, IMO we need to get close to a community not just in terms of interaction but distance, as has been said before a stadium in bedded in a community not stuck out miles from town. Where it's a focus for locals rutherglen and surrounding area would be perfect , good transport links regeneration etc. The size forthbank for me . I know so easy people don't like it but Broadwood is a cracking stadium with good views of the pitch , unfortunately the move to cumbernauld hasn't worked no point in going over why , but let's hope we have learned some lessons . The club itself needs a whole new rethink fresh ideas in the boardroom and an entire new skills set , can Innes deliver this or do we need another model that's the big question If Innes is to be taken as a credible chairman then there has to be specific targets and dates applied , how many years have we been told this is happening that is happening and absolutely nothing comes of it . If he wants to succeed then he has to take the fans along with him , openness and transparency , something that we haven't had for a long while now.