CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Said in his first season that I didn't think Ferguson would be a success, but hoped I would be proved wrong. I've not said anything since about it, but unfortunately now I think it's clear that he simply will not get us out of this league. He came close last year and we should have been good enough to challenge again even with us losing Easton and Lowdon. However, we're going backwards.

At least we've still got the Scottish Cup to think about. With some luck, we'll get through next week and get a decent pay day in the next round. That's probably the best the club can now hope for out of this season. 

It's the league game next week against Stirling.

I think the cup game is later in January.

I have always hoped BF could do it but I'm seriously worried now and this seems to be more than just a slump and shipping way too many goals. Thank god we have MacDonald as we would really be in trouble without him!

I will see this season out; but honestly can't see me putting myself through this yet again next year........that is over 50 years man and boy looking like my time is almost up. I have never publicly stated this before but last two weeks in particular have done for me.

Yip im out...Years n years o torture home/Away. Lot o my good friends have managed it,Time i done same..Hate broadwood the walk down the lot. Results dont help

Understand the sentiments gets tougher and tougher each year being honest we will be down to couple of hundred soon

Can only take so much and you won't be alone :(.

Manager going will change nothing.  The board and lack of direction is the problem.  The lack of any plan other than clear the debt for 10yrs is the problem.

The lack of fans will not been an issue though, your former chairman told me the club would be better without the old Clyde fans.

Manager going will change nothing.

I disagree.

With the players we have, a competent coach and man manager should be able to achieve a play off spot. Problem is ferguson signs good players and then they get worse under his 'guidance'. Until he throws his toys out the pram and crucifies them in public.

He has had long enough to get a consistent style of play embedded and bring his own players in to back that up. Instead we still get harum scarum long ball pish at every turn.

Get somebody in now who knows what they are doing and the season is salvageable.

I sympathise boys.

It's NYE, go out & enjoy yourselves. You're wasting your time on here anyway as the usual M.O.'s "it's been a bad wee run, let them blow off some steam...it'll all be forgotten in a few days...if we win the next game it'll be fine...if we win the cup game it'll be great"

They just don't get it & haven't for years

Have a good one anyway lads

I sympathise boys.
It's NYE, go out & enjoy yourselves. You're wasting your time on here anyway as the usual M.O.'s "it's been a bad wee run, let them blow off some steam...it'll all be forgotten in a few days...if we win the next game it'll be fine...if we win the cup game it'll be great"
They just don't get it & haven't for years
Have a good one anyway lads

Well said mate

Have a good one