CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Surely we should be looking at players who arent cup tied (If possible) Stirling game in cup massive and could earn us a few £££ which manager might get before end o month perhaps having a knock on effect to possible 4th spot..Dont fancy our chances without a couple of new faces who can play

Going by the new years statement doubt there is much in the line of wages
Do we gamble on cup tie? We could still get something like Hamilton at home if we progress

Problem is I do you think we have the money to get the players we need in

Hopefully some of BF friends will appear like in years gone by , not the best sustainable model but needs must

Fingers crossed

19 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Going by the new years statement doubt there is much in the line of wages
Do we gamble on cup tie? We could still get something like Hamilton at home if we progress

Problem is I do you think we have the money to get the players we need in

Hopefully some of BF friends will appear like in years gone by , not the best sustainable model but needs must

Fingers crossed

It's a bit of a gamble to maybe spend money that we don't have to help us win the cup game and like you say we could get a horrible draw in the next round that makes up nothing and we are out the cup with a struggle to find ways of plugging another budget deficit.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Higgins brother and paul slaneemoji16.png

Willie Callaghan and Tom McEntaggart seen stretchin their hamstrings in the Horseshoe tonight :huh:

Hear you on the £s for cup tie. TBH, for this level if he can find another commandin CH to play with Perry and a goalscorer alongside Peaso,  that could be enough to get through and make playoffs

Not been on for a while. I realise now why not.

Obviously I'm not happy with recent results, but its only a month ago we horsed Arbroath 5-0. 

An over-reaction from some to recent results.

If  our manager stopped pissin about with the defence, and giving the defenders a chance to form some sort of understanding with each other, results might improve. But then again, that's not his style.

Despite our problems, I still think the players we have will raise their game for the cup-tie, and I'll be very disappointed if we don't make the last 16.

Promotion, however, is another matter. Not long ago I thought we were certainties for at least the play-offs, That's now looking doubtful, unless we can get some new players in, or players back from injury.