CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

11 hours ago, cfcuk said:

If you really want a laugh listen to his after match interview

I've just listened to that, not sure about a laugh CFC, it was worrying.  The guy sounded shellshocked and despite what he was suggesting I'm not sure is convinced himself what to do next

Assuming he's still going to be there, players and management have to come together as a group at the next training session and talk it through.  The captain can put over any issues the players have, positional, tactical, whatever it is, management likewise, but when they leave that room they need to be in total agreement how they move forward

If they don't, this run of results will continue and they'll drop like a stone.  But as with last season, if they start to turn it around of course they can still make a promotional playoff place.  Either way, given how that interview sounded it needs sorted out right now.     

I've just listened to that, not sure about a laugh CFC, it was worrying.  The guy sounded shellshocked and despite what he was suggesting I'm not sure is convinced himself what to do next
Assuming he's still going to be there, players and management have to come together as a group at the next training session and talk it through.  The captain can put over any issues the players have, positional, tactical, whatever it is, management likewise, but when they leave that room they need to be in total agreement how they move forward
If they don't, this run of results will continue and they'll drop like a stone.  But as with last season, if they start to turn it around of course they can still make a promotional playoff place.  Either way, given how that interview sounded it needs sorted out right now.     

Was being slightly light hearted re interview

Was talking with one of the boys he just sounded as if he has run out of ideas thought a lot of the bullishness had went
He has blamed individuals now it's the entire team I'm not convinced about the let's get together and talk it through Ineed other walks of life that is workable in football not so sure basically the players would have to tell him he doesn't know what he is doing and quite a few wouldn't say anything .Football particularly at this level is very transient if they don't like it they only have a couple of months and they go somewhere else I'm sure a lot have already put the feelers out .Think he just has to stick with it hopefully he is learning best signing he could make is an old head in the dugout someone he could get advice or turn to when needed , but having turned it down right from the start , doubt he will go down that route
I was convinced a couple of weeks ago we would make the play offs might still but if the likes of Stirling get their act together or Annan go on a run it's curtains there is basically one spot left in play offs

Really the club needs a whole re think of all aspects, the fans as well and I include the likes of myself in that

Do we just accept that we are now a 4th tier team who might get promoted once in a while and come down after a season or two or do we want more than that if so what do we do about it .

3 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Was being slightly light hearted re interview

Yeah I know that CFC

I remember Vogts getting interviewed after a Scotland defeat and he said "Well, what else can I do?".  He should have gone there & then.

BF didn't say that but the nature of the interview suggests his mindset's in that territory.

What I've said is based on the assumption he'll still be in place, so if those are the cards dealt they need to do something, and now.

I'm sure about the time that Ferguson got the job they had an older coach that was going to help him but for some reason that fell through and nothing else happened after that. He does need someone beside him to help him and possibly to stand up to him and point out tactical things when needed.

I think Young at Albion Rovers would have benefited from having Sandy Clark with him at times.

Yeah I know that CFC
I remember Vogts getting interviewed after a Scotland defeat and he said "Well, what else can I do?".  He should have gone there & then.
BF didn't say that but the nature of the interview suggests his mindset's in that territory.
What I've said is based on the assumption he'll still be in place, so if those are the cards dealt they need to do something, and now.

Listening to it I now genuinely think he will give it one last go if he manages to sign a couple of players

President for a manager to turn this around it would need 4 or 5 to come in and similar going out very seldom if ever do the same set of players suddenly turn it around if it was two or three games yes but that's 1 win in 8 and to teams at the bottom of the league

There hasn't been one who has came out in public or social media backing him

I don't dislike BF I find his honesty refreshing at times I sure he works tirelessly for the club Just don't think he he gets the mentality of part time players or lower league football

23 minutes ago, The_BullyWee said:

I'm sure about the time that Ferguson got the job they had an older coach that was going to help him but for some reason that fell through and nothing else happened after that. He does need someone beside him to help him and possibly to stand up to him and point out tactical things when needed.

I think Young at Albion Rovers would have benefited from having Sandy Clark with him at times.

Barry Ferguson is too arrogant to listen to anyone so that wouldn't work.

If this season is going to be turned round he has to go. That is our only hope. And it has to happen before the window closes.

If we lose the next two games and he is still in place, the Lowland League and obscurity beckons.

It'll all be sorted then, eh. 

Since his appointment, the posters on the club page have pretty much been against him....fair enough, it appears they were right. I'm not going to join the queue of people who stupidly think what gets said in a forum makes the blindest bit of difference to team or management displays, but there was a definite agenda set out against him, be it simply personal or even his Scotland fallout. The same traits he showed then, are evident enough here, except this time he doesn't have Uncle Walter or Eck to bail him out. 

But enough about the arsehole in the dugout. Who disciplines or dismisses him and his puppet Malcolm? There are huge club issues which Ferguson's failures are masking, and no one gives a shit about. So what if Gormley learns to shoot, or if McNiff or Oliver can keep a clean sheet? The team's shite, we know that. I'm more interested in what those who ought to be doing something about it, intend to demonstrate, if anything, at the very least protecting the club. Christ alone knows what the manager's paying for/allowing tabs to run up etc, if he is. He has no obligation to anyone.....can't say the same about his 'employers', if thats even what they are.

Fucking shambles, and not a peep from the apparent majority who 'just want to see a team'. Good luck with that. There won't be one at this rate!

I agree but the way the club is run. They are the only Ones that can get rid

18 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

God bless the clyde and fuk every c**t and the outsiders. Ma club fucked again. We need a ronnie revolution or we sadly gone..Horrible but true

Basically. Not a Clyde fan, but live and work in the area and the club is on it's arse.

The ownership model is an absolute farce. You need a proper businessman like McDonald or the Wotherspoon guy who has pitched up at Airdrie to come in. I don't think Broadwood is that bad, yeah its too big for SFL3, but its a decent facility and a million miles above a midden like Cliftonhill or something from the juniors. You actually used to get a no bad atmosphere there when Clyde were doing well in the 1st division and you'd have teams like Falkirk or Thistle bringing a good support.

The next appointment probably needs to be a right boggin one. A guy along the lines of a Duffy, McCall, McPherson, maybe Allan Moore? Clubs want to go for guys like Ferguson, youthful ex pros, but when you actually simplify it, for all their negative points and the portrayal of these guys as dinosaurs they actually know the lower leagues, the players, the clubs and have years of experience at it, and 'lo behold they are actually doing decent jobs. It took Ferguson a couple of years just to acclimatize to it.

Edited by Snakebite

The next appointment probably needs to be a right boggin one. A guy along the lines of a Duffy, McCall, McPherson, maybe Allan Moore? Clubs want to go for guys like Ferguson, youthful ex pros, but when you actually simplify it, for all their negative points and the portrayal of these guys as dinosaurs they actually know the lower leagues, the players, the clubs and have years of experience at it, and 'lo behold they are actually doing decent jobs. It took Ferguson a couple of years just to acclimatize to it.

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying there are plenty of examples of youthful ex-pros taking teams on at this level. Most dramatically Paul Hartley who took Alloa up 2 levels before getting a job at a higher level.

It is perhaps less of a gamble, or you are more likely to know what you will get with an older appointment but I still think a young ex-pro has advantages. Early days but look at impact of Mackay at Stirling.

1 hour ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Uncle Walter

Let's have it right: we'd be like Ewoks glimpsing C3PO if Uncle Walter got the Clyde job.

Alas, Uncle Fester seems more likely. Mind, we'd get the sash either way...

100% agree that any appointment has to be one with track record of getting a team stabilised and a McCall, Gus etc would be a God send, never happen of course due to finance, lack of direction etc and of course due to the fact Barry won't / can't get sacked. What is Maitland up to nowadays? Or dare I say Paul Martin 

Only comment on the Hartley and his first job at Alloa, he was given relative fortunes there.

28 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

100% agree that any appointment has to be one with track record of getting a team stabilised and a McCall, Gus etc would be a God send, never happen of course due to finance, lack of direction etc and of course due to the fact Barry won't / can't get sacked. What is Maitland up to nowadays? Or dare I say Paul Martin 

Only comment on the Hartley and his first job at Alloa, he was given relative fortunes there.

I was going to say this, the team he had in the 3rd division had Scott Bain in nets, Ryan McCord (who left us to go there having won League 1 POTY with us the season before! Could easily have moved up to the Championship but instead dropped to League 2), Graeme Holmes (who'd spent about 6 years in the old 1st Division before moving there), Stevie May up front.. to name a few, who were well, well above League 2 standard. Similar story the next season in League 1. Not a criticism of Hartley as he did all that was asked of him, but it's dangerous to see that as an example of a young manager working miracles, it's an example of a club succeeding primarily due to good investment in the playing squad, undoubtedly with competent management too.

I regularly comment on how I don't understand why so many clubs give management to jobs to people who have never been managers (apart from a brief, unsuccessful period at Blackpool in this case), and where the most important factor seems to be their profile as a footballer. If Ferguson hadn't been good at kicking a ball he would never have been given a job at Clyde, yet everyone knows there is no correlation between being good at football and being a good manager, so why was he given the job? I guess the hope was that due to his profile if he did a half decent job there would be more chance of bigger clubs wanting to buy him off them. In the last 5 years or so it has definitely been the fashion to appoint young 'trendy' managers, but I think we are coming towards the end of that period. The relative successes of guys like McCall, MacPherson and Duffy I think will start to persuade clubs to start appointing actual football managers again.

Basically. Not a Clyde fan, but live and work in the area and the club is on it's arse.
The ownership model is an absolute farce. You need a proper businessman like McDonald or the Wotherspoon guy who has pitched up at Airdrie to come in. I don't think Broadwood is that bad, yeah its too big for SFL3, but its a decent facility and a million miles above a midden like Cliftonhill or something from the juniors. You actually used to get a no bad atmosphere there when Clyde were doing well in the 1st division and you'd have teams like Falkirk or Thistle bringing a good support.

Please feel to apply for the chairman's post

Only going by rumour but apparently McCall was discounted for the job.

Not sure if true but would have taken him in a heart beat