CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

The objectives are not set weekly. Obviously the objective is he be in the top 4 therefore the chance of promotion. The results and position in the league are whats changing weekly !

Two games ago we were told that the team management were achieving the goals set less than 10 days later that change after 2 games played

The change came because of the furore kicked up after the two defeats which resulted in a quick back track

So if we win this week go above Annan and someone asks are the objectives being met the answer will be yes

So clearly they do change on a weekly basis

Why didn't they just stick by the new years statement I've no problem with the board coming out and saying we have full confidence in the manager in achieving promotion as for fans asking about objectives, that is promotion which you can only say isn't on track till its mathematically impossible to get into the play offs

Off the pitch we need a long term strategy decide where we are going to be playing and stick with it , we are doing loads of work in Cumbernauld to develop a feeling of the club being part of the local community then come out in the new year ststement and say we are looking at 4 new locations for the club seems a bit bizarre.

Unless all 4 locations are in Cumbernauld and Kilsyth?

Putting post-debt objectives into context

I've read plenty comments by Clyde fans asking if we'll ever get out this dire league as opposed to saying it would be some achievement given the standard we're up against. Is it a playoff spot or promotion that's the objective?

Meanwhile the strategy seems to be, it's midweek, the dust's settled now, if we beat Montrose they'll get a big lift.  If we don't there's a cup game coming up.  If we get through, they'll get a big lift.  If we don't, we'll still be within touching distance of a playoff place. Nothing really to see here

Which playoff place? 

Off the pitch we need a long term strategy decide where we are going to be playing and stick with it , we are doing loads of work in Cumbernauld to develop a feeling of the club being part of the local community then come out in the new year ststement and say we are looking at 4 new locations for the club seems a bit bizarre.

Unless all 4 locations are in Cumbernauld and Kilsyth?

The reason we are looking elsewhere is because Broadwood is too expensive with minimal income out with money at the turnstiles.

Should we commit to Broadwood long-term without exploring alternatives that may make our long-term future more stable?

I realise that some potential options have disappeared. I'm not privy to the reasons for this.

Incidently, I personally think Broadwood is too big with no atmosphere that makes the match day experience poor.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Incidently, I personally think Broadwood is too big with no atmosphere that makes the match day experience poor.

Youre right HD, it is, and if the longer term vision assumes the Club will likely amble about in either this division or the one above, the crowds will stay low.

If that's the case, as well contacting any junior club, get a little groundshare arranged and every second Saturday a couple hundred can turn up and enjoy themselves.

I'd be interested to know what kind of potential Clyde support we believe is possible in any league.
Looking at Hamilton Accies, I'd be surprised if we ever got more than 1200 season tickets sold, even in the premier league.
Call it a lack of ambition but I think it's realistic.

My personal opinion is that Clyde & no-one else fkd up the move to Broadwood.
If we were in the Championship we would not be playing to crowds of 400 or so.

No one moaned about the rent when we moved there and myself and countless others would probably still be going to games if it wasn't as painful to go and watch the shit that has been on view for the last few years.

8 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Better off with Stuart little 

A match-winning impact from the bench; he'd be a cracking signing. Used to coaches who rest on their haunches and, by the looks of things, an old friend of Mark Roberts (the referee at 0:12). Just hope we can find the money from somewhere

Finnie's a right-back. And Walsh's a left-mid. Little can put a shift in virtually anywhere, so there's a good chance he'll play in a single position which we don't need cover for and be used absolutely nowhere else, a la Michael Oliver the centre-half.

Little and Peaso could do a right good job up front, I'm sure. The other two lads are half-decent players, as I remember in one case and am led to believe in the other.

A proper left back and an experienced centre-half wouldn't go a miss, mind...

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

What was Nicki Paterson like for you lot, apparently we've just signed him???

He was far from the worst of what most Clyde supporters will remember as a particularly bad bunch. A midfielder who could do a bit with the ball. He was on the scrawny side, as memory serves, though not small height wise. Sub six foot but not by a lot. Good from a dead ball.

Wouldn't get a game ahead of our Linton, McLaughlin or Flynn. And if that's true of them it's even more so of McGovern and Easton who're injured at the moment.

Having said that... If he's had umpteen seasons of good football in the states he might be worth something to East Fife. If you're putting him in centre of midfield with a grafter or two, he'll probably do alright. We had him in there with really lethargic players, unfortunately.

Here's some footage of him scoring a free-kick for us. My god that team was stinking. But hey! Certain individuals had plenty apologists among our support...

Edited by Sao Paulo

Good article in today's record from Barry Ferguson on the need for financial stability & not taking any risks that could jeopardise the club and why short term fixes aren't the answer as club should be looking longer term.

oh it's about Rangers. Does this not apply to any other clubs ??