CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Bye gibson. Few ok games and with the odd stunning save but a guy with no confidence and overall a bombscare....

Will Dundee utd let him be cup tied?
Might be look at him and him at us and extend till end of season

I know most won't agree but waters was the main reason we made the play offs guy was fantastic in the games he played

Squad still looks thread bare couple of suspensions and it's the 20 ,s playing

John Gibson has been fine this season apart from last week. He's not the problem at the back. The ever changing back line in front isn't helping.

Hopefully the new keeper gives the competition for number 1 we need even for a few weeks. It could turn Into a longer loan like Waters last year.

John Gibson has been fine this season apart from last week. He's not the problem at the back. The ever changing back line in front isn't helping.

Hopefully the new keeper gives the competition for number 1 we need even for a few weeks. It could turn Into a longer loan like Waters last year.

So you do you think the guy from Dundee utd should start the game ?

56 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

No point in bringing him in if not. Why on earth would be bring him in for a month to sit on the bench when we have McMillan and Cassidy?

Yeah I would start him. If nothing other than to get the same reaction from Gibson like last year when Waters came in. Gibson was great in the run in last year when he got his place back.

I agree. He has his faults. I think most of us know what they are. Overall he's been okay for a goalkeeper compared to others I've seen playing for the opposition in league 2.

However, don't forget the mistakes by others.

Gormley's miss last week, McNeil's back pass, Perry's weak tackle.

That's the problem at this level with players that you are never going to get players that play great week in and week out especially with goalkeepers as last season showed with Waters came in and at first he was outstanding then all of a sudden he was dreadful and Gibson came back in and was very good and this season he has mostly been good up until last week. We really were spoiled when we had Martin in goals as he just made everything look so easy!

44 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I agree. He has his faults. I think most of us know what they are. Overall he's been okay for a goalkeeper compared to others I've seen playing for the opposition in league 2.

However, don't forget the mistakes by others.

Gormley's miss last week, McNeil's back pass, Perry's weak tackle.

My point would be that good keeper would possibly have rescued McNeil and Perry. 

Flynn on bench again, Barry really does not fancy him does he?

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Yeah I would start him. If nothing other than to get the same reaction from Gibson like last year when Waters came in. Gibson was great in the run in last year when he got his place back.

Well unless he is injured he is heading out the door with Smith.