CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

What a day yesterday was. Again, absolutely no coincidence that the team dig in and get a great result when the support is loud, enthusiastic and fully behind the boys. Obviously the keeper was outstanding and helped massively but all the lads yesterday were solid. Again watch "Elementary Penguin" and the like come on here and tell us all exactly what was wrong on the park despite probably not being there. Connor Quinn genuinely seems like a good lad too, came up to us after the whiste and chatted for a bit and thanked us for our support which was great to see.

What a day yesterday was. Again, absolutely no coincidence that the team dig in and get a great result when the support is loud, enthusiastic and fully behind the boys.

I think yesterday's performance was a coincidence.
The fans have been loud and supportive at almost every away game. The players have let them down much too often.

What a day yesterday was. Again, absolutely no coincidence that the team dig in and get a great result when the support is loud, enthusiastic and fully behind the boys. Obviously the keeper was outstanding and helped massively but all the lads yesterday were solid. Again watch "Elementary Penguin" and the like come on here and tell us all exactly what was wrong on the park despite probably not being there. Connor Quinn genuinely seems like a good lad too, came up to us after the whiste and chatted for a bit and thanked us for our support which was great to see.

Maybe you should volunteer to be the official cheerleader for the support they could get you a big megaphone and drum you could lead us straight to the premier league encouraging a vocal support [emoji23]

It's overly simplistic to think yesterday's performance was due to a large away crowd. We had a decent crowd through at the recent Stirling league game got cuffed 3-0.

The difference with yesterday was we had a game plan, made use of our substitutions and our players seem much more up for it when it comes to the cup ties. There was always little pressure on us to get a result and we could sit back and defend. Against the likes of Edinburgh in the league the onus is on us to go out and attack to win the game.

It's overly simplistic to think yesterday's performance was due to a large away crowd. We had a decent crowd through at the recent Stirling league game got cuffed 3-0.

The difference with yesterday was we had a game plan, made use of our substitutions and our players seem much more up for it when it comes to the cup ties. There was always little pressure on us to get a result and we could sit back and defend. Against the likes of Edinburgh in the league the onus is on us to go out and attack to win the game.

Spot on

I don't think the performance was exceptionally good yesterday. Ayr had plenty of chances but couldn't finish.

The goalkeeper made the difference between a draw and a hammering.

The support made the day out enjoyable with their, as usual, terrific support.

I should say that it was against a team two divisions above so is a very good result.

Interesting the comments on the keeper, absolutly agree that the lad was fantastic, to be honest he made saves that a good goalkeeper makes. Please don't think I am taking anything away from his performance well deserved man of the match.

It's just frustrating that many of us have been stating the obvious about Gibson and the fact that a decent keeper wins you points as well as distilling confidence throughout the team. Fingers crossed that the young lad continues to prove that he is as good as he looked yesterday it will make a huge difference to the last few months of he season.

Fingers crossed that the young lad continues to prove that he is as good as he looked yesterday it will make a huge difference to the last few months of he season.

Agreed.

We'll only know how good he is over a series of games but yesterday was an excellent start.

Questions are:
Can he do it on a cold windy night in Forfar? Hopefully

Will Barry Ferguson put Gibson back in goals? Probably

Absolutely no coincidence that you again wait for a decent result to come on and have a pop at supporters who have rightly been critical of the shite that has regularly been served up this season.

If we played like yesterday, or the previous game when you crawled out from under your rock, on a regular basis then things would be a lot more positive on here I am sure.

You're a complete p***k. Single me out in person, if you want a proper discussion about it. 

Probably not there? Ask John Taylor, who i spoke to at half time, and ask Gormley about the supporter who gave a wee boy a lift up to hug Gormley when he came into the crowd after the match. 

Others are already on to you.....the support has been the same all year. Ferguson has said as much after lots of games, and indeed we HAVE been let down on numerous occasions.

You're fucking deluded if you think that performance was anything other than professional players trying their best against decent opponents......if you think the crowd affect things so much, why don't i ever hear you leading the chior during the crap games if you believe it so much??

I'll see you on Saturday. 

What about Tuesday?

19 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Interesting the comments on the keeper, absolutly agree that the lad was fantastic, to be honest he made saves that a good goalkeeper makes. Please don't think I am taking anything away from his performance well deserved man of the match.

It's just frustrating that many of us have been stating the obvious about Gibson and the fact that a decent keeper wins you points as well as distilling confidence throughout the team. Fingers crossed that the young lad continues to prove that he is as good as he looked yesterday it will make a huge difference to the last few months of he season.

Basically agree, but where your keeper's MOTM, it tells you something

In this case playing a team two leagues above, that's reasonable enough.  If it was to be the case regularly in the league at this level, something's far wrong with that.  It obviously helps to have a quality keeper, but if it gets to the point that we're relying on it, you have to ask what's going on immediately in front of him. It's good for the defence having that assurance behind them, but it works both ways.  If the entire defensive unit improves due to this signing, then so do the chances of making a playoff spot. 

Not looking to bam anyone up or incite anything, but i'm sure anyone that was there last night will feel very proud of all the boys on the park last night. Quinn again, although his kicking was suspect was assured and vocal when dealing with crosses which is definitely something we've been missing. Junior won everything in the air, and it was Johnstone's best game in a Clyde jersey. It's a shame we just didn't have that wee bit extra but i'm sure none of us expected to take a team two leagues above us into extra time after the recent league form. All about carrying those performances up to Elgin now and getting the play off fight back on track, and hopefully the boys are up for it!

At least Clyde can use the money they got reaching the last 16 of The Scottish Cup for something! Ps: I think Barry Ferguson should try and keep Dylan Easton and Jordan  Lowdon for next season! Ps: I've actually seen Jordan  Lowdon  inside Broadwood Stadium a few times! I think he using crutches @ the moment isn't he?